June 8th, 2018, 5:15 pm #1

Which theme should I convert next?

Total votes: 11
3(27%)
2(18%)
4(36%)
1(9%)
1(9%)

So, as you probably know by now, we're preparing to migrate to MyBB in the near future. We've added most of the important stuff, and what still needs doing will hopefully be done this weekend (and early next week, if necessary). Then, it'll all need to be beta-tested, and then, I'll finally be able to make the new place public :D .

Unfortunately, not everything will be able to move across. For example, we haven't been able to convert all of the themes: not all of them belong to us, and even if they did, it'd take so long that it simply wouldn't be practical. At time of writing, we have six themes on the new board: three were converted by me; one is a new theme created by Nilla based on a theme we have here; one is a stock MyBB responsive theme; and one is just the default theme that comes with all MyBB boards :P . Here's the full list:
  • MyBB default theme (White/blue/black);
  • BootBB (Responsive theme; White/blue);
  • Revitalized Mahogany (Brown/beige);
  • Dark Energy (Blue);
  • ImF Re-Energized (Blue/Beige);
  • Not Really Cocoa (Brown).
I'll admit it's not a great selection. Only six themes; only one of them is responsive (though it does perform way better than ZB responsive themes); and they all use roughly the same colours of blue/brown/beige/white. This aspect of the move will be a pretty big setback, and I'm not going to pretend otherwise :( .

However, the beta-testing will take a while, and during that time, I should have a chance to convert at least one more of our existing themes. I recently learned that the creator of BootBB has very kindly allowed people to use his theme as a base for new themes, as long as they keep his name in the copyright. So that's what I intend to do for my next theme conversion, so that we'll have at least two responsive themes (though it would have been nice if I'd known this earlier, so I could have made everything responsive out of the box!)

Here's a list of themes that I won't be considering for my next conversion. I've provided reasons for each theme, although, it's usually either because we don't own it or because it uses the same colours as the ones I've already converted:
  • Checkmate 3 (Similar colours to TCH Default theme; Only on here for historical reasons);
  • Coffee House Classic (Similar colours to TCH Default theme; Only on here for historical reasons);
  • Equestria (Not one of our themes);
  • Game Night (Not one of our themes);
  • Gridlock (Do we really need five out of seven themes to feature blue as a major colour?);
  • Lavender (Nilla was going to replace this soon anyway);
  • Lucky Blue (Again, we have plenty of blue on the new board already);
  • Meme Theme (Low-quality; only meant as a joke. Let's convert the proper themes first);
  • Red Dawn (Not one of our themes);
  • Sea Raiders (Not one of our themes);
  • Vox (Not one of our themes);
  • Animal Crossing Summer (Not one of our themes);
  • Jedi Knight TFA (Not one of our themes).
So, that leaves the following as choices for our next conversion:
  • Gracious Green (Light green);
  • Nature's Bounty (Light green/white);
  • Obsidian Metal (Black/gold);
  • Roses (Pink/white);
  • Vino Rosso (Red/Beige/White).
Whichever option gets the most votes by Monday will be the next theme that I convert to MyBB. Vote for as many options as you want here: I'm using Approval Voting for this poll, so if you're okay with any option, then go ahead and vote for all of them :) !

So, get voting :D !
Wheatley says: wrote:Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor consulta el manual.

Crooked Crow
Rank 5

June 8th, 2018, 5:33 pm #2

Nooooo I use Game Night! I don't like the others. :(

:tch-crooked-crow:

*voted* obsidian metal isn't bad actually
Last edited by Crooked Crow on June 8th, 2018, 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The only bridge I've ever burned along this legacy I dance, is the one that linked the cities of prosperity and chance.

[12:41 AM] Nilvafefe: its ck vluin of hjottttor

Gaomon274
Rank 8

June 8th, 2018, 8:55 pm #3

The two main ones I used were Sea Raiders and Obsidian Metal so definitely gotta pick Obsidian though I did throw in two others that seem ok.

queenzelda
Rank 7

June 8th, 2018, 9:11 pm #4

I use the Game Night theme too.. But if I have to toss it under the buss for one, I choose to go with Gracious Green. The others are alright impo. ^^; The Obsidian Metal theme is neat, but I can't deal with dark themes very well. :/
Last edited by queenzelda on June 8th, 2018, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyng
Rank 12

June 8th, 2018, 9:14 pm #5

Perhaps I'll have to make my own theme based on Game Night at some point, like Nilla already did for Cocoa :P .
Wheatley says: wrote:Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor consulta el manual.

GrieferLord
Rank 9

June 8th, 2018, 9:50 pm #6

i hope vox (orange/black) will reappear on the new forums as i only use that theme ;P

Crooked Crow
Rank 5

June 8th, 2018, 9:58 pm #7

I could warm up to Obsidian Metal, definitely. But Game Night is...so aesthetic, that's all. Works better for my dark coloured postbit, too. That little crow.

If I didn't have the option to choose Obsidian Metal, I would be irritated. But it's not -that- big of a deal, though. Still, must be frustrating.

The only bridge I've ever burned along this legacy I dance, is the one that linked the cities of prosperity and chance.

Pyrite
Rank 9

June 8th, 2018, 10:05 pm #8

I'm not going to vote, simply because I always use Cocoa. :P

By the way, I am honestly so grateful to Nilla for basically converting it just for me!
CJ wrote:Also, you can solve walls faster than [Donald Trump] can build them.
So there's that.

Crooked Crow
Rank 5

June 8th, 2018, 10:16 pm #9

Using OM now to warm myself up. It's better than I gave it credit for, but yeah. Details details.
wrote:By the way, I am honestly so grateful to Nilla for basically converting it just for me!
That was nice of her.

Nilvafefe
Rank 10
Rank 10

June 8th, 2018, 11:38 pm #10

Pyrite wrote:I'm not going to vote, simply because I always use Cocoa. :P

By the way, I am honestly so grateful to Nilla for basically converting it just for me!
You're welcome! I figured it wouldn't be fair if we forced you to use any other theme than what you are used to on the new board. :P We'll have to name it something else though so people don't come after me for "stealing" their theme. I'll probably run a theme naming contest once we're all settled over on MyBB, or you can think of one yourself. :P
Last edited by Nilvafefe on June 8th, 2018, 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CJ's opinion on Nilla being drunk wrote: "Let's just say she's a "useful idiot" when it comes to naming my characters."
Notice: I do NOT make themes for other members or their forums. I make themes for TCH and TCH only. Please do NOT PM ME asking for themes/theme conversions. Thank you!