Like Hangman 5, the prize starts out at 600 Coffee Credits. 150 of these are a Perfect Bonus, which is awarded if the puzzle is solved without anybody guessing a letter that isn't in the clue. The remaining 450 can be spent on letter guesses, as follows:
|Hangman 6: Prices for each letter guess|
|Letter||Price (Coffee Credits)[/td]|
|Rare Letter Bundle (J + K + Q + X + Z)||45|
- Unless you're buying the Rare Letter Bundle (which gives you five rare letters at once), you're only allowed one guess at a time. Do note, however, that buying the Rare Letter Bundle will end the Perfect Bonus unless all five rare letters are in the clue!
- Letter guesses are not allowed if they would reduce the prize pot to 0 or lower (so, eventually, you'll have to solve).
- The winner receives a Blue Ribbon if there's at least 380 Coffee Credits remaining in the prize pot, and they haven't made any incorrect attempts to solve the puzzle.
- Additionally, the winner is allowed to host the next round, as long as they do so within three days (if they don't, then anyone can host).
- If the round stalls (because three days pass without a letter guess or an attempt to solve being made), then the host wins the round and receives the corresponding Coffee Credits + right to host the next round. However, if the same host wins three rounds in a row, then they may not host the following round.
- If the round stalls (because the host fails to respond to a letter guess or an attempt to solve for three days after it is made), then the round is declared null and void, and anyone may start a new round.
- (Rule for hosts): Categories should be pretty broad (e.g. 'Sports' or 'People', rather than '1980s Manchester United goalkeepers'). Don't make this too easy by making the category too narrow!
- (Rule for hosts): All clues must consist solely of the 26 letters of the English alphabet (A-Z). Diacritical marks are ignored (for example, 'É' just counts as 'E'), but any other characters (e.g. punctuation marks) must be filled in at the start of the round. The only exception to this is if the clue contains digits (0-9), in which case Numbers rules are active:
- [+] Numbers Rules
- The starting prize is increased from 600 Coffee Credits to 750 Coffee Credits. The perfect bonus stays at 150 Coffee Credits, but the minimum prize for the ribbon is increased from 380 to 530 Coffee Credits.
- The following prices are used for digit guesses:
Hangman 6: Prices for each digit guess Digit Price (Coffee Credits)[/td] 0 40 1 30 2 25 3 20 4 20 5 30 6 15 7 15 8 15 9 15
Now, we'll do a practice round, both to test the new format and to allow people to get used to it. Coffee Credits will still be awarded to the winner; however, as it's just a 'test run', no ribbon will be awarded, and the winner will not win the ability to host the next round. Once this round is over, Pyrite will have the opportunity to host the first actual round, since he won the final round of Hangman 5 .
Here's the clue for the practice round:
_ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ (Category: History)
Prize: 600 Coffee Credits (Perfect Bonus still active)