BrynStevens
Rank 7

7:45 AM - Jun 22, 2018 #11

Already a member there, just for one thing that was needing to be done ;) Anyways, hopefully this is for the best, even though it took you a long while to get it the way you want it. Good luck :thumbsup:
>>mindsConnected<<
The new tech/general community forum, for the masses.

JHG
Rank 9

12:28 AM - Jun 23, 2018 #12

I'm looking forward to this!

kawaii
Rank 1

10:14 AM - Jun 23, 2018 #13

Good luck with the new forum, wish you well. :)

Kyng
Rank 12

10:23 AM - Jun 23, 2018 #14

Things have been going relatively smoothly so far, but I guess tomorrow's the big day!
Wheatley says: wrote:Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor consulta el manual.

Pinky
Rank 7

11:52 AM - Jun 23, 2018 #15

Sounds great and best of luck!

I am looking forward to the arcade :D
Fun, interesting and friendly atmosphere

MamaFrankie
Rank 7

5:40 PM - Jun 23, 2018 #16

C, you gave me a password in a private message. Will I be able to change it to something easier to remember?
'You need a crazy mind just to stay alive' - Tomas Ledin, 1980.

Kyng
Rank 12

5:49 PM - Jun 23, 2018 #17

Yes, of course. In your User CP, there's a 'Change Password' option :) .
Wheatley says: wrote:Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor consulta el manual.

Kyng
Rank 12

11:16 PM - Jun 30, 2018 #18

Just an update regarding this:
wrote:"And what's happening to the ZetaBoards forum?"

After I make the official move on Sunday, I will keep the ZetaBoards forum open for a week, just in case anybody has any problems getting onto the new board, or wants to finish off any conversations over here. Then, once that week has passed, on Sunday 1st July 2018, I will close the ZetaBoards forum for any further posting - and, from then on, it will be kept as an archive. (If anyone wants temporary posting rights on ZB after 1st July - for example, if they want to cross-post anything with lots of BBCode in it - then I'll be happy to oblige :) ).
There's still quite a lot of cross-posting going on - and, that's easier if people have posting rights.

So, I've decided to give the ZB forum a stay of execution: it now won't officially close for posting until Sunday 8th July 2018.

Kyng
Rank 12

6:29 PM - Jul 08, 2018 #19

Well, this is it.

It's been two weeks since our move took place, and we're as good as fully moved over to the new board. So, now, it's time for me to officially turn the lights off, and disable posting in most sections of the board. The PM system will remain in use, just in case anyone who hasn't yet got onto the new board is having problems doing so.

If you want temporary posting rights (for example, because you want to cross-post anything with lots of formatting), then please PM me on the new board. But, otherwise, it's time for The Coffee House to leave ZetaBoards behind once and for all, and allow this forum to rest in peace.

But, just before we go, here's a montage of our milestone screenshots, as a reminder of happier times:

The Coffee House, ZetaBoards
03/12/2009 - 08/07/2018
Last edited by Kyng on 6:36 PM - Jul 08, 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Kyng
Rank 12

11:34 PM - Aug 20, 2018 #20

You may notice that we've shedded about 9,000 posts.

This is because the TapaTalk conversions are almost complete now, and I expect TCH to be converted in the coming days. I have heard several boards have had issues with private content being made public in the conversion process - so, just to be safe, I've deleted most of our private content. This includes:
  • Everything in the Staff Room;
  • Everything in the Advice forum;
  • Much of the content of the Trash Can (any stuff personal to former members has been deleted, leaving only spambots and old non-personal threads).
Hopefully we should be ready now :) !
Last edited by Kyng on 11:34 PM - Aug 20, 2018, edited 1 time in total.