Name change shop

Kyng
Rank 12

December 30th, 2014, 3:51 pm #1

Up until now, we've had a pretty complicated set of rules surrounding name changes. Here, I intend to streamline that process.

There are three different types of name changes, at the following prices:
  • Major name change (Cost: 500 Coffee Credits): Any name change that doesn't fall into either the following two categories is classed as a major name change. After purchasing a major name change, you may not purchase another one for a further two months.
  • Minor name change (Cost: 50 Coffee Credits): Changes solely to capitalisation and/or punctuation (e.g. 'jenny p' --> 'Jenny P'), or changes of a single character (e.g. 'Mike100' --> 'Mike101'). These can be purchased at any time.
  • Revert to previous (Cost: 100 Coffee Credits): If you purchase a name change and subsequently wish you hadn't, that you can have it reverted. If you do so within 10 days of making your name change, then you get back any Coffee Credits that you had spent on that change. These can be purchased at any time; however, after purchasing a revert to previous, you may not purchase a major name change (or another revert to previous) for a further two months.
Each year, you have a certain number of free/discounted name changes, as follows:
  • If you have had two or fewer name changes within the last 12 months, then your next name change is free.
  • If you have had three name changes within the last 12 months, then your next name change is half-price.
  • If you have had four or more changes within the last 12 months, then your next name change is full-price.
  • "Revert to previous" name changes do not count towards your yearly allowance of free name changes, if made within 10 days. (So, if you change your name, then change it back within 10 days, then that only counts as one name change, not two)
One final note: if your proposed new name is considered similar enough to another user's name to cause confusion, then I won't carry out the change (For example, I won't approve a name change to "Michael T" if there's another active user named "MichaelT").

So, if you want your username to be changed, just make a post here telling me what you want me to change your name to - and I'll go ahead with it :) !
Last edited by Kyng on November 7th, 2015, 1:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Wheatley says: wrote:Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor consulta el manual.

Kyng
Rank 12

November 7th, 2015, 1:54 pm #2

I've revised the rules on free name changes a bit:
  • Each member now has three free name changes and one half-price name change per year (previously, each member had two free name changes and two half-price ones);
  • "Per year" is no longer taken from 30th December 2014 (for members who joined on or prior to this date) or the member's join date (for members who joined after this date). Instead, it's a rolling one-year period: I just look at how many name changes each member has had within the last 12 months, and base the price of the name change on that.
For reference, here's a list of the name changes that have taken place within the last 12 months. I'll add any future name changes to this list, and remove them once 12 months have passed since they were made:

Star --> Pinky (13th July 2017)

Gaomon274 --> Genn Greymane (11th October 2017) [CONTEST; Reverted on 2nd November 2017]
Gaomon274 --> Garonar (13th December 2017) [CONTEST; Reverted on 7th February 2018]
Gaomon274 --> Aro Rouon (1st May 2018)

Nilla --> Aela The Wolfess (23rd October 2017) [CONTEST; Reverted on 31st October 2017]

Kohta --> Rocket Raccoon (25th October 2017) [CONTEST; Reverted on 2nd November 2017]

Checkmate --> Suriya (30th October 2017; reverted 9th November 2017)

queenzelda --> Christmas Queen (5th December 2017) [CONTEST; Reverted on 10th January 2018]

xVavau --> MegaphoneStallone (24th December 2017)

F1FTH3LEM3NT --> Zach (29th December 2017)

Maroon Caludin --> Megan (31st December 2017)

Saint Francis --> Frankie (2nd January 2018)

The Last Outlaw --> KingofHearts316_2018 (30th April 2018)
Last edited by Kyng on May 1st, 2018, 5:08 pm, edited 48 times in total.
Wheatley says: wrote:Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor consulta el manual.

Nilvafefe
Rank 10
Rank 10

November 9th, 2015, 3:10 am #3

LOOOOL @ Jimmy's new username
CJ's opinion on Nilla being drunk wrote: "Let's just say she's a "useful idiot" when it comes to naming my characters."
Notice: I do NOT make themes for other members or their forums. I make themes for TCH and TCH only. Please do NOT PM ME asking for themes/theme conversions. Thank you!

Nilvafefe
Rank 10
Rank 10

April 29th, 2016, 3:31 pm #4

I'd like to change back to Nilla, if possible. :3
CJ's opinion on Nilla being drunk wrote: "Let's just say she's a "useful idiot" when it comes to naming my characters."
Notice: I do NOT make themes for other members or their forums. I make themes for TCH and TCH only. Please do NOT PM ME asking for themes/theme conversions. Thank you!

Kyng
Rank 12

April 29th, 2016, 4:18 pm #5

Done :) .

(I've also updated a bunch of out-of-date usernames in the Award Gallery :P )

queenzelda
Rank 7

April 6th, 2017, 12:31 am #6

I think I'll finally out myself & ask for a name change of: queenzelda
If you plz & thank you.

Kyng
Rank 12

April 6th, 2017, 12:33 am #7

No sooner said than done :) !

Gaomon274
Rank 8

October 11th, 2017, 10:57 pm #8

Can I get mine changed to Genn Greymane?

Time to get festive for Halloween!

Kyng
Rank 12

October 11th, 2017, 11:03 pm #9

Done :) .

(Also removed a bunch of name changes from over a year ago, that no longer count towards people's totals!)

Nilvafefe
Rank 10
Rank 10

October 23rd, 2017, 9:34 pm #10

Changed from Nilla to Aela the Wolfess for Halloween :)