Gaomon274
Rank 8

1:25 PM - May 09, 2018 #2

As someone who has a ZetaBoards forum, I'm not wild of the news, but I'm going to hope for the best.

TCH staff are aware of the news as well.
Do want everyone to know that TCH is going to stay around, whether that's on ZetaBoards, the new Tapatalk-based platform, or another platform so don't worry.

Yami Yugi
Rank 5

2:28 PM - May 09, 2018 #3

My advice if TCH goes full blown tapatalk, go with proboards.

Nilvafefe
Rank 10
Rank 10

2:44 PM - May 09, 2018 #4

Yes, we are all well aware of this. But we are not moving anytime soon, so don't get all of your panties in a knot!

Also, I'm moving this to The Internet sub-forum as I believe it belongs there than in general chat. :P
CJ's opinion on Nilla being drunk wrote: "Let's just say she's a "useful idiot" when it comes to naming my characters."
Notice: I do NOT make themes for other members or their forums. I make themes for TCH and TCH only. Please do NOT PM ME asking for themes/theme conversions. Thank you!

Kyng
Rank 12

4:27 PM - May 09, 2018 #5

Well, I'm still weighing up my options here. I'm honestly not impressed with the news: since the overwhelming bulk of my browsing is done on the PC, I have little use for a "mobile-first community platform" such as TapaTalk. I fully understand the importance of strong mobile support in this day and age - indeed, it's the one big thing that I wish ZB had - but it shouldn't come at the cost of throwing PC users like myself under the bus. The TapaTalk platform is just a fundamentally unsatisfying PC experience, and I don't expect that to change because it has some ZB features added to it :( . Maybe I'll be proven wrong - but, we'll see.

I will say that I have already looked at several other forum providers - but, at this stage, it's just to evaluate them. I don't have any firm commitment to move away from ZB yet; I don't have a timescale for any move; and I don't know which platform I'll be moving to if I do go. It's all up in the air right now: I haven't put up an announcement simply because I don't yet have anything to announce :P .

However, I am sure about three things:

1) The community isn't going anywhere. I remain fully committed to running TCH, even if it ends up having to move to a new platform;
2) If we do move, it won't be happening for some time. There's no urgency here, so I'd rather assemble something that's a genuine upgrade on the current TCH experience, than just throw something together at short notice;
3) If we do have to move, then I'm not going to force everyone to re-register and start from zero. I'll re-register everyone manually - with their ranks, post counts, Coffee Credits and awards intact - if that's what it takes. (Well, I won't be re-registering the spambots, nor will I re-register people who showed up, made a few posts and then left, but any members who are still here to read this will be re-registered :P )

I'll share more info once I have more info to share :) .
Last edited by Kyng on 5:38 PM - May 09, 2018, edited 7 times in total.
Wheatley says: wrote:Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor consulta el manual.

JHG
Rank 9

4:30 PM - May 09, 2018 #6

I don’t know whether the Ultimate face offs! forum will live through this.

Pyrite
Rank 9

6:11 PM - May 09, 2018 #7

As the others have said, us staff are talking about it. All will be well with our community!
CJ wrote:Also, you can solve walls faster than [Donald Trump] can build them.
So there's that.

Moonface
Rank 4

7:12 PM - May 09, 2018 #8

I'd like to think it'd work out, but until I see it I can't believe it just because Brandon's word has amounted to nothing so many times that to expect otherwise would be foolish. If the new platform isn't any good then I'll just restart my board elsewhere. Although if ZB offered databases I'd move to a new host without hesitation and I expect many others would do the same. People are only hesitant because of not being able to take their data with them.
Last edited by Moonface on 7:12 PM - May 09, 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Long live the dragon king!

U N I V E R S A L G A M I N G
ZetaBoards' longest running gaming forum. Visit us today!
Forums | Facebook | Twitter | Affiliation

BrynStevens
Rank 7

9:18 PM - May 09, 2018 #9

Yami Yugi wrote:My advice if TCH goes full blown tapatalk, go with proboards.
Skyon Archer would like to say "no" in this case. MyBB would be a much better option or better, Vanilla Forums.
>>mindsConnected<<
The new tech/general community forum, for the masses.

queenzelda
Rank 7

10:11 PM - May 09, 2018 #10

There are webcrawlers that can move posts & what not to a new hosted board. Though, from what I've found it seems to be available to phpbb though. source.

With this whole thing going on, it'd be nice to have a time line of when the conversion is going to happen. But, that probably isn't going to happen anytime soon.