Gaomon274
Rank 8

1:50 PM - May 11, 2018 #31

Brandon has been silent on the support forum regarding the news.
Someone has decided to make a thread on Tapatalk to poke for answers.

A staff member (whose account is hidden on the support forum member list) is on both forums has been on both forums recently so maybe he'll give a response.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatal ... 39965.html

Moonface
Rank 4

3:51 PM - May 11, 2018 #32

I will be shocked to see this dumpster fire get salvaged at this point. Since the announcement, nobody has heard anything from Brandon or TT. The announcement Brandon made didn't even bother to include information he told the staff, such as customisable CSS and JS, and popular codes being built-in features. It won't matter how good it is if the customer service is so bad that people leave due to poor treatment.

I also don't expect that TT staff member to respond. They have never once been involved in any discussions in the staff areas on support even when we asked about them being on staff and if they wanted to introduce themselves. You'd have a better chance getting a decent answer out of the Stanley account.

Long live the dragon king!

U N I V E R S A L G A M I N G
ZetaBoards' longest running gaming forum. Visit us today!
Forums | Facebook | Twitter | Affiliation

queenzelda
Rank 7

5:46 PM - May 11, 2018 #33

Honestly... What was promised sounded a lot like what is already being done (to some extent) on proboards. As admin, you can make your own themes, or import in other themes. Ads are forced on members, & can be bought out of. Members can 'donate' to the forum if they desire. So it seems to me that the zb/tt merger might come out to be a merger into something akin to proboards is how it sounds to me.

-A note for the webcrawlers: It was something I was asked to look into; as a request for a friend. For some it could be a viable option, I suppose it's all in how you look at it. ;3

Gaomon274
Rank 8

5:20 AM - May 12, 2018 #34

So as an update.
Apparently the Zeta-Talk concept is a misunderstanding.
It will just be Tapatalk with some upgrades of things from ZB, so it won't be *exactly* how it is now, but it will not be a new software or a hybrid of the two.
http://support.zathyus.com/single/?p=30033450&t=7021183

BrynStevens
Rank 7

7:14 AM - May 12, 2018 #35

So, it's still just Tapatalk then? Yeah, okay. But I don't know if that would be enough to assuage.
>>mindsConnected<<
The new tech/general community forum, for the masses.

Gaomon274
Rank 8

7:17 AM - May 12, 2018 #36

From how it seems.
Tapatalk with some updates.
For anyone interested in custom domains, Tapatalk will force you to pay for Premium in order to do custom domains (which you still pay for on your own).

However, Nicolas who is an admin on the ZB support forum defended it, saying it was something beyond their control and that ZB would've eventually done the same if it wasn't being merged in order to pay for fees.
http://support.zathyus.com/single/?p=30033464&t=7021183

Still no sight of Brandon or Tapatalk staff.
Where's Waldo?
Last edited by Gaomon274 on 12:20 PM - May 12, 2018, edited 2 times in total.

Lordhen
Rank 3

1:32 PM - May 12, 2018 #37

Wow, it is a shame if a forum like this, looking like this is replaced by something like Tapatalk.
| http://alternate-timelines.proboards.com | home of a small but active alternate history community |

Yami Yugi
Rank 5

3:52 PM - May 12, 2018 #38

Don't buy it. The ZB dev has "promised" updates to his own platform & nothing ever came of it. To quote Dr. Phil "Predictor of future behaviour is past behavior." Thus I don't buy for a second that anything good is going to come from sticking around to see this beautiful place get trashed by a tt downgrade, is how I feel.

Gaomon274
Rank 8

9:17 PM - May 12, 2018 #39

There's no harm in setting up a backup forum while seeing what happens involving ZB-TT.

I saw Moonface on one of these Zeta forums as well mention this and I'll repeat it here:
Tapatalk probably wants the updated Tapatalk to be great.
They've got time/money/effort invested in this most likely and probably don't want the move to flop.
Why upset an already frustrated user base right?
--
I'm hoping for it.
Not expecting it, by no means, but hoping that they follow through.
I believe he also said this but I don't have the post to re-reference, but it may be why our previews aren't available still because they're still working on everything.

We also have to factor in that Tapatalk's owners will be something to keep in mind, not Brandon, since he'll fall back to a position in the company and won't control our platform alone or be one of two developers for it.

Granted, from how fast IF->ZB/Tapatalk conversions took, we'll know by the end of the year most likely what will happen in any case.

Though I will repeat as I did on the support forum and I think it here, that the silence from Tapatalk on their support forum and Brandon being MIA on the Zeta support forum isn't assuring in the slightest.

Yami Yugi
Rank 5

4:51 AM - May 13, 2018 #40

No man. I don't buy into that excuse that TT is going to change all because the zb dev said he'd update TT by adding the ability to create themes on its platform. Tapaborg will assimilate everything that was ZB & turn it into another one of its many mobile sites. Leaving behind tons of once active forums as admins realize at the final hour how bad things really are, but were far to late to act.

Not me, I'm moving past zb & have move my board to icyboards/mybb. Peace be with you if you stay & should you need a hand out of the pit once the floor falls out from the button being pressed, just scream real loud & I might come fish you out.
Last edited by Yami Yugi on 4:51 AM - May 13, 2018, edited 1 time in total.