Avengers: Infinity War

Kyng
Rank 12

March 18th, 2018, 11:47 pm #1

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/16/1712 ... y-iron-man

We’re just a few weeks away from the release of Avengers: Infinity War — its release date was recently bumped up a week to April 27th — and now, Marvel has released new trailer to stir up some more excitement for the upcoming superhero showdown.

Infinity War promises to be one of the biggest films Marvel has ever made, combining almost every single superhero from across the 18-film franchise that began 10 years ago with the release of Iron Man in 2008. As the star-studded trailer shows, Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man, Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther, Chris Evans’ Captain America, Benedict Cumberbatch’s Doctor Strange, Tom Holland’s Spider-Man, Paul Rudd’s Ant-Man, the rest of the Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and pretty much every other ancillary character from the Marvel Cinematic Universe are back.

All these highly paid actors will be joining forces against the villainous Thanos (Josh Brolin), the big bad that Marvel has been teasing in post-credit stingers since the first Avengers film was released six years ago. Thanos is trying to gather the six Infinity Stones, the MacGuffin items of power from across the various Marvel films. And judging by the trailer, it’ll be an uphill battle to stop him.

I don't know yet whether I'll be seeing this - it depends what the reviews are like, and whether my friends want to see it - but, this looks like exciting stuff :D !

Can anyone glean any clues as to what will happen from the trailer?
Wheatley says: wrote:Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor consulta el manual.

roseberri
Rank 7

March 24th, 2018, 1:41 pm #2

we just bought tickets. I cannot wait to see this. This is going to be huge. I'm a huge Loki fan and just watched Ragnarok last week. We rented it. OMG I loved it and can;t wait to get the movie.

Deleted User
Deleted User

March 24th, 2018, 9:28 pm #3

The release date for us is scheduled for May, so for us, we've still a over a month to wait! But I can't wait to see it in theaters! My bff and I will be catching this together! Love Marvel and all their super-heroes and super-villains!

Kyng
Rank 12

March 26th, 2018, 10:03 pm #4

Well, I hope you both enjoy it :D !

Apparently, we get it a day early, for some reason - on 26th April. I won't be watching it on release day, though: I'll be waiting until May, when the crowds should have died down.

(That's if I watch it at all!)
Wheatley says: wrote:Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor consulta el manual.

JHG
Rank 9

March 26th, 2018, 11:52 pm #5

I'm excited but I'm a little worried. Marvel may have bit off more than it can chew.

Kyng
Rank 12

March 28th, 2018, 10:39 pm #6

Yeah, I do wonder about that.

I also wonder whether they should just give the franchise a rest after the Infinity War movies (and the two after them that have already been announced). After all, if Infinity War lives up to the hype, how are they going to be able to top it?!

JHG
Rank 9

March 28th, 2018, 11:49 pm #7

CJ wrote:After all, if Infinity War lives up to the hype, how are they going to be able to top it?!
No problem: drag out X-Men's Rogue.

Kyng
Rank 12

April 25th, 2018, 11:38 pm #8

The early reviews are in - and, apparently, the movie is "bedazzlingly fun":

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43891749

However, it has been suggested that having all these superheroes in one movie does make each one feel less special - and, one critic went on to label the conclusion "ultimately rather depressing".

JHG
Rank 9

April 28th, 2018, 4:22 pm #9

I’m guessing everyone but the acorns die.

Kyng
Rank 12

April 28th, 2018, 9:16 pm #10

Or maybe the plot twist is that there is no ending - and the title "Infinity War" refers to the fact that it goes on forever and ever :lol: