Moderators: cinehound, Jack J

Your latest VCD purchaces

HBK
HBK

March 2nd, 2010, 7:54 pm #1

You have a VHS, DVD and BD topic so I thought why not start a VCD topic. It's not the best format out there and it is kind of out-dated but there are a lot of films released on VCD that haven't been released on DVD.. and they look nice.

HBK
HBK

March 2nd, 2010, 7:59 pm #2

My latest:

I bought this Shadow In The Dark VCD from Cinehound. The movie is great btw, the dubbing is over the top and the fighting scenes are great. And a lot of children get killed in this movie btw, one even gets a sword in his face.. You should try to get this, it's a lot of fun!

And I ordered these from induna.com, haven't got them in yet. I don't think they have subs but I have to check them to make sure.

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

March 2nd, 2010, 8:51 pm #3

You can actually check the Induna page to see if their DVDs/VCDs have subtitles or not. Unfortunately, I don't think any Indian VCDs are subbed, and many DVDs don't have them either. I believe the only VCDs that have English subs are HK films, either on HK VCD or on VCDs from other countries that use prints from HK. I basically blame the British; if they had stayed in India we would have had Bollywood films with burn-in English subs.

SHADOW IN THE DARK sounds like fun. Where is it from?
cobamboohouseofdolls3.jpg
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

March 2nd, 2010, 9:07 pm #4

Latest VCDs:

Bodyguard of the Last Governor

2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

HBK
HBK

March 3rd, 2010, 8:18 pm #5

Jack J wrote: You can actually check the Induna page to see if their DVDs/VCDs have subtitles or not. Unfortunately, I don't think any Indian VCDs are subbed, and many DVDs don't have them either. I believe the only VCDs that have English subs are HK films, either on HK VCD or on VCDs from other countries that use prints from HK. I basically blame the British; if they had stayed in India we would have had Bollywood films with burn-in English subs. 

SHADOW IN THE DARK sounds like fun. Where is it from?
Shadow In The Dark is from Thailand, it looks like it's from the 70s. Don't know more about it, it's not on IMDB or any other site I've come accross. Anybody else here have some more information about it ?

Wow! That Return Of The Evil Fox looks great! Have you watched it yet ? I'm wondering if the film is as good as the cover makes you want to believe.

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

March 3rd, 2010, 8:44 pm #6

Yes, it does look great and no, I haven't watched it yet.

Kothar
Star Member
Star Member
Kothar
Star Member
Star Member

March 3rd, 2010, 9:59 pm #7

I have around 250 vcd's from malaysia, indonesia, thailand and hongkong.
Mostly of them i have however already posted in my indonesian, hongkong
and thai thread.

March 4th, 2010, 3:25 am #8

This was intended to be a picture of my monkeys but you can see the VCD I bought not that long ago hehe.

I only own three but am not opposed to getting some more! Wolf Devil Woman was one hell of a film!

bakeneko

March 4th, 2010, 5:33 pm #9

My latest purchaces are two Myanmar (Burma) movies. Please do not ask me their titles. I can't read Myanmar characters.

By the way, can I post images from my VCD collection? Or, strictly "Latest Purchaces" only?

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

March 4th, 2010, 6:36 pm #10

Kothar wrote: Mostly of them i have however already posted in my indonesian, hongkong
and thai thread.
Keep using those threads for your Indonesian, Thai and HK collections, Kotar. This is merely a thread for "what have you bought recently?"