Moderators: cinehound, Jack J

YOR - HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE

Deleted User
Deleted User

May 2nd, 2007, 12:24 pm #1

I was wondering since this was an Italian/Turkish co-production how Yor was released in Turkey.
Did it air on TV in it's full lenght or was it shown in the cinemas cut down to ca:90 min? Perhaps only released on video...

Jared
Star Member
Star Member
Jared
Star Member
Star Member

May 2nd, 2007, 7:00 pm #2

This is one of my fantasy special edition DVDs. I imagine a set with both the US theatrical version and the long Italian TV version complete with commentaries and interviews, the whole works. Is Marghereti still alive? Has he ever been involved in any DVD releases of his films? Of course we'd need Aytekin Akkaya's involvement as well.
Such a fun movie!

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

May 3rd, 2007, 8:31 pm #3

I believe Antonio Margheriti is still alive and well. A couple of weeks ago I taped a new German feature film length documentary (2006) on spaghetti westerns (off a Bavarian tv station) called Denn sie kennen kein Erbarmen [Because they know no mercy] - and there he was going on about them ol' Italo westerns.

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Deleted User
Deleted User

May 3rd, 2007, 9:20 pm #4

Hmm, weird from what I have heard Antonio Margheriti is dead. But I am not sure.
Anyway his Edouardo Margheriti has a website about his father where he discusses his films. Apparently Edouardo worked quite a lot on YOR.
Here is a link to the site;
http://www.antoniomargheriti.com/Englis ... Fi/Yor.htm

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

May 3rd, 2007, 9:46 pm #5

Oops! Apparently he departed this world in 2002! However, he was still in that docu I mentioned. Guess they just used an old interview.

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Jared
Star Member
Star Member
Jared
Star Member
Star Member

May 3rd, 2007, 10:25 pm #6

Jack J wrote:Oops! Apparently he departed this world in 2002!

Jack
Bummer. Dark Sky DVD now has a "Antonio Margheriti Collection" going right now with the wonderfully titled NAKED YOU DIE and the upcoming Vietnam cheesefest THE LAST HUNTER. Perhaps YOR is in the works for a future release from them?
That would be wonderful. Only too bad Margheriti is not alive to participate.

Deleted User
Deleted User

May 3rd, 2007, 11:15 pm #7

Jared,
But I think a commentary with Edouardo Margheriti would be pretty good too. He was involved in all the spfx. And other stuff too.
Anyway, I really hope there will come a full version of Yor on dvd some day. There is lots of extra monster mayhem in the TV-series.

Deleted User
Deleted User

May 29th, 2007, 6:15 pm #8

I didn't know that YOR was italian/turkish movie...

if you can gimme more info i will review it in turkish also.

Deleted User
Deleted User

May 30th, 2007, 12:52 pm #9

Fantastik,
I don't really have any special info on Yor but Aytekin Akkaya and Levent Cakir is in it. What kind of info are you looking for?

Deleted User
Deleted User

May 30th, 2007, 1:59 pm #10