Moderators: cinehound, Jack J

Where to get OOP VCDs

okerlo
okerlo

May 28th, 2014, 11:24 am #1

Hello community,
I'm getting back into buying movies and yesterday I searched for some VCDs from Hong Kong. First I looked what DDDHouse can offer, because according to this thread the shop is assumed to be one the best for HK stuff. Although I did an order yesterday (I'm curious how their service is) there were plenty VCD in their catalog which weren't available anymore.

So I took a look at various other shops but none of them had the VCDs/DVDs. My question now is, how do you get VCDs/DVDs which are out of print and not offered by any "mainstream" shops? Is there an auction house for these kind of things or an forum maybe?

I hope you can help me,
thanks in advance

Greetings
okerlo

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

June 16th, 2014, 3:20 pm #2

You can always find some on ebay I guess. Are you looking for rare titles not ever released on DVD? Or for many titles just for collection?

bubikoglu
Advanced Member
bubikoglu
Advanced Member

June 16th, 2014, 6:39 pm #3

Yes, there are 100s of very rare VCDs on eBay. Because of their scarcity, a lot of VCDs can command quite hefty price tags nowadays but there are still plenty of bargains to be had. Search ebay.com, which is where the Hong Kong seller normally hold their auctions, rather than .co.uk etc.

More or less same question as Cinehound - what titles are you looking for out of interest?

Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

June 18th, 2014, 6:40 am #4

bubikoglu wrote: Yes, there are 100s of very rare VCDs on eBay. Because of their scarcity, a lot of VCDs can command quite hefty price tags nowadays but there are still plenty of bargains to be had. Search ebay.com, which is where the Hong Kong seller normally hold their auctions, rather than .co.uk etc.

More or less same question as Cinehound - what titles are you looking for out of interest?
20 Us or even € is ok with me, but some prices are really absurd.

okerlo
okerlo

June 19th, 2014, 3:46 pm #5

Thank you for your answers!
The VCDs I want to buy are nothing too fancy, just some movies which catched my eye on HKMB because I liked the actor/actress in another movie. Currently I'm searching on DDDhouse and YesAsia, former has some movies in stock that the latter doesn't have and vice versa.

So thank you for the tip, if I'll find something interesting that is not available on DDDhouse or YesAsia I'll take a look at ebay.com

Greetings