Moderators: cinehound, Jack J

VEERANA

ed209vscain

December 10th, 2010, 1:33 am #1

HAPPY THIS ONE IS ON A NICE DVD NOW ! THIS COVER IS OFF THE VHS TAPE.

back

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

December 12th, 2010, 9:45 am #2

A very nice tape indeed

HBK
HBK

December 12th, 2010, 10:39 am #3

Nice tape! Love the film and I'm happy with the great DVD release it has! But that VHS cover is great!
PICT5619.jpg

johell
johell

November 17th, 2011, 7:52 am #4

I've got the chance to see this film during a festival in Neuchâtel, Switzerland. Seeing it on the big screen was a huge shock, 'cause that was the my introduction to the bollywood horror. I think i've already seen MYSTICS IN BALI at the time but it didn't include songs. VEERANA was an excellent surprise and the hysteria in the theater with the public was unbelievable.

Sweeney Todd
Advanced Member
Sweeney Todd
Advanced Member

November 17th, 2011, 9:30 pm #5

johell wrote: I've got the chance to see this film during a festival in Neuchâtel, Switzerland. Seeing it on the big screen was a huge shock, 'cause that was the my introduction to the bollywood horror. I think i've already seen MYSTICS IN BALI at the time but it didn't include songs. VEERANA was an excellent surprise and the hysteria in the theater with the public was unbelievable.
MYSTICS IN BALI doesn't includes songs and dance, as it's an Indonesian, not Indian, production.
But in Malaysia for instance, their early films did have songs and dance as some of the directors, like B.N. Rao who made the first "Pontianak" movies, were from India...

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

November 18th, 2011, 12:56 am #6

You saw it in a cinema, Johell? Wauw, very cool! I'd love to see these movies at the cinema. In addition to the MM DVD I think I have Veerana on a DVD from India somewhere in one of the piles.

PS: Haven't seen you here for a while, Sweeney Todd. Do you hang out at other forums these days? Are there any good ones?
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Jon Houghton

January 12th, 2012, 2:41 am #7

My wife got me Veerana/Purani Haveli as a late x-mas present this week. I haven't had the chance to watch either one yet because I have been exploring more Turkish cinema lately. Hope they are as fun as Bandh Darwaza/Purana Mandir were.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

Sweeney Todd
Advanced Member
Sweeney Todd
Advanced Member

January 14th, 2012, 11:45 am #8

Quote: "PS: Haven't seen you here for a while, Sweeney Todd. Do you hang out at other forums these days? Are there any good ones? "

Most of the time I'm on CHFB and Latarnia forums, under another alias (very transparent), "todmichel"...

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

January 21st, 2012, 3:10 pm #9

Jon Houghton wrote: My wife got me Veerana/Purani Haveli as a late x-mas present this week. I haven't had the chance to watch either one yet because I have been exploring more Turkish cinema lately. Hope they are as fun as Bandh Darwaza/Purana Mandir were.
Nice present indeed, you'll enjoy

Jon Houghton

January 23rd, 2012, 1:27 am #10

cinehound wrote:
Jon Houghton wrote: My wife got me Veerana/Purani Haveli as a late x-mas present this week. I haven't had the chance to watch either one yet because I have been exploring more Turkish cinema lately. Hope they are as fun as Bandh Darwaza/Purana Mandir were.
Nice present indeed, you'll enjoy
I watched Purani Havelli recently and definitely liked it. My only complaint is the song and dance numbers. I know it is a part of their culture, but it sort of kills the mood for me when watching horror,and all of a sudden there is a song and dance routine. Other than that, I really like the couple Indian horror stuff.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.