Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

February 25th, 2012, 4:50 pm #11

Jon Houghton wrote:
cinehound wrote:
Jon Houghton wrote: My wife got me Veerana/Purani Haveli as a late x-mas present this week. I haven't had the chance to watch either one yet because I have been exploring more Turkish cinema lately. Hope they are as fun as Bandh Darwaza/Purana Mandir were.
Nice present indeed, you'll enjoy :cheers:
I watched Purani Havelli recently and definitely liked it. My only complaint is the song and dance numbers. I know it is a part of their culture, but it sort of kills the mood for me when watching horror,and all of a sudden there is a song and dance routine. Other than that, I really like the couple Indian horror stuff.
What I do is I usually keep in mind they are "kitchy" films and if you do that the dance numbers fit in perfectly. If I watched these films as "straight" horror films they simply wouldn't work.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

george n

February 25th, 2012, 5:02 pm #12

Ithink the song and dance numbers really add to the enjoyment of the experience,what would a bollywood horror film be without them?