News, reviews & info about cult DVD, VCD and Blu-Ray releases worldwide!

Moderators: cinehound, Jack J

ajji
Advanced Member
ajji
Advanced Member

January 13th, 2007, 5:47 am #11

thanks for the info, Wayne. yes, i heard about Ken in CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER (but he's left already, i think?). what i'm interested in, is the Indian mega-babe Shilpa Shetty. is she getting down and dirty? any exposing, intimate scenes, etc?

WANYON
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
WANYON
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

January 15th, 2007, 10:58 am #12

To be honest, i am not a big fan of most reality-TV stuff like BIG BROTHER...i think it had it's day a LONG time ago! Sometimes there is something worth watching, bit mostly it is shit. CELEB BIG BROTHER was only of interest to me because Ken Russell was in there, and even then i only watched the occasional wrap-up show! Leo Sayer was also excellent when he had a huge meltdown and broke OUT of the house! lol. Classic! Gotta love Leo...nice, genuine guy with a sweet nature. One of a kind. Ken was overwhelmed though, i think. He is used to living in a beautiful countryside retreat he owns and i am sure he was feeling everything was just a little too much for him to handle, despite al those crazy film sets over the years he commanded...

That Hindi-hotty seems pretty subdued from what i have seen, which is not much. Hot as fuck, but she also seemed a little up her arse at one point when i switched on. I could be wrong...maybe i just turned over and go the wrong end of the stick as to what was going on, but there was some kind of disagreement over something that only prissy women could find important...lol

ajji
Advanced Member
ajji
Advanced Member

January 15th, 2007, 12:31 pm #13

thanx Wayne. you must keep in mind though, that India (& Pakistan even more so) is a conservative culture by and large. and even if some 'modernized' woman was really a slut for sex in real life, she'd never admit to it on camera. especially so if she happens to be as much of a recognized and adored celeb as Shilpa. not sure what the issue was, but i thought i'd just make it clear that most of the women from this region would be seen by western eyes as 'prissy'.

Tobias Yerking
Tobias Yerking

January 15th, 2007, 7:25 pm #14

Ken Russell in Big Brother reality show? How awful! What the hell MONEY do to people...

WANYON
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
WANYON
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

January 16th, 2007, 10:47 am #15

From my understanding, CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER's winner gets a big cash prize and they choose a charoty it goes to. Something like that...
They still get their appearance fee, though, for being in there...although, Leo Sayer (after smashing the fire-doors open to escape and telling all the security that surrounded him who were trying to man-handle him to "fuck off!" after shoving them back! GO LEO!!!) said he would happily waive his fee if they just left him alone and let him leave (this was AFTER smashing his way out)...

Anyway, back to THE DEVILS...

When i worked in a music and video shop, we would receive catalogues every week that would detail all the latest info on what releases each and every company had planned for the coming months and at least TWICE while i was working there Warner had announced a DVD release for it...which always failed to materialise.
All we can hope is that the fact that they had ANNOUNCED it (well, listed it as a future planned release in trade catalogues) a couple of times over the years is a sign that it is SOMEWHERE on their radar as far as a scheduled release. They can't have THAT much of a problem with the film seeing as they had released it as part of their 'Maverick Directors' series of VHS releases back in the late-1990s here in the UK. I reckon, as contentious a title as it remains for them, that they are at odds as to how to proceed with a DVD release. Do they release the version that they released on VHS in the late-1990s here in the UK and make a quick buck? Or do they do something they obviously are not keen on, which is to allow Russell (like every other director whose work gets the DVD treatment) to restore the film and release a Special Edition? The fans want the SE, of course, and so does Russell. But Warner seem very reluctant to release a film that has always been contentious for them (due to various religious groups trying to make life hard for them when it was originall released to cinemas) in a version that would bring them a whole new wave of problems...