gialloboy
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
gialloboy
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 6th, 2012, 9:20 am #1

Hi guys,

After over two years the big Video sale is drawing to a close. With over 1200 items (tapes, CDs, DVDs, Laserdiscs and Vinyl records) shifted, over 300 parcels sent, only 5 deals cancelled or cut short, 80’000 Euro taken, a mortgage cleared, little bit of money put in the bank and about 35 tapes kept or bought new I would like to say it has been an exhilarating, often frustrating, sometimes depressing but overall liberating experience.

In the end I guess it does feel good to be no slave of one’s obsessions any more. I will always love European genre cinema and will pursue to track down and watch the films that I am interested in. However, not being constantly driven by this obsession to buy the most elusive tape in perfect condition is truly setting me free in many ways.

The decision to keep three dozen of meaningful tapes has been a good one and has partially healed the scars of selling the fruits of 15 years of truly hardcore collecting.

On the financial side I think I have broken about even. In general it seems that the big hitters keep going up in value faitly consistently while the average run-rate tapes keep dwindling in value.
The overall takings work out at about 80’000 Euro which breaks down to 65 Euro per item which is respectable. I believe that I still hold about 10’000 Euros worth of tapes which I intend to keep for sentimental reasons. Some of which have been given to me by Bill and could therefore not be sold.

In the end I am glad I moved along with my decision as I can provide some financial security to my new family and myself. Thanks to the Video sale we found ourselves pretty much debt free at the age of 39, having only bought our home 7 years ago. In financially uncertain times like ours I think this will be an invaluable asset to build on going forward.

So foremost I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your wonderful custom, support and friendship over the years. My apologies if I have forgotten anybody.

Here are the people that made the sale so special!

Member-X, giallohunter, filmfloh, markcaine, Gator, somberlain, n221076o, romppainen, cannibal man, BRAINDEAD, Stephen Gladwin, EUROTRASHVHS, graysky, The love butcher, MMTowns, mikke1975, thecoolone12, mondoboy, FIxed, Mr. Cooper, dodo, Alvin Purple, kennet10, jonny tape and the heads, kiba, whathappensnext, pokerboy99, Der baertige Unsympath, Diabolik, videohunter, Operazione Bianchi, Anders, Lone Wolf, tomasmilian, Baron, Domenico oriana, goblindave, Betakiller, Ironmaster, resonator05, dag-johnny, angelripper, monezza, rchdggr, henker666, gorydaz, sabre210, kid-a-2001, Lucio10, McIver, sleazeman2001, ChevyReeves, karamurat, emiloftherose, Canisius, Metalian, McIver, minesalager, bill_javi, Filminteressert, Joos, andy1, xelluloid.com, the commandante, AvatarDK, KingofB, philmd, andras, MarcMorris, deranged, Phil, Mads Jensen, 2ombieboy, MARIOBAVA, bigandya, Jan Schmidt, Smeden, shootgringoshoot, Mr Taft, Maniak, evenIeatbeans, Andyn, ikki, caligari, Strigoyu and orca1980-a.

You guys are all wonderful, thank you all for your business and I hope my beloved tapes have found a good home with you!

I’ll be around so please keep in touch!

Mike (the artist formerly known as gialloboy)

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 6th, 2012, 11:13 am #2

Lucio10
Star Member
Star Member
Lucio10
Star Member
Star Member

July 6th, 2012, 12:17 pm #3

They sure have Mike! Always a pleasure doing business with you!

mondoboy
Advanced Member
mondoboy
Advanced Member

July 6th, 2012, 1:15 pm #4

Cinehound,the forum that kill your bank account!!!

Alvin Purple

July 6th, 2012, 1:31 pm #5

All the best, Mike

goblindave

July 6th, 2012, 7:19 pm #6

Hi Mike
Thank you for adding me in on your thank you`s list. We have known each other probably around 10 years through the Goblin/ Giallo soundtrack Lp`s/Cd`s and cassettes. It`s been a pleasure knowing and dealing with you, we still have each others email so I will drop you a line when I can.
All the best in the future my friend.

Dave.

sagger
Star Member
Star Member
sagger
Star Member
Star Member

July 7th, 2012, 3:39 pm #7

Your tapes will have a special place in my collection (until some day I´ll have to face decision to sell them)...

cannibal man
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cannibal man
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 8th, 2012, 12:25 am #8

glad all worked out mate.

i bought fifty tapes from you.

thanks for being patient regarding payment.

ill never sell the vids i bought from you.
WHEN THERE IS NO MORE ROOM IN HELL THE DEAD WILL WALK THE EARTH.

Inspector Tanzi
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Inspector Tanzi
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 8th, 2012, 2:11 am #9

gialloboy wrote: xelluloid.com, the commandante,
Cheers Mike, had some great tapes from you.

Just wish you didn't put my name next to that slippery cunt

gialloboy
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
gialloboy
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 8th, 2012, 7:23 am #10

Inspector Tanzi wrote:
gialloboy wrote: xelluloid.com, the commandante,
Cheers Mike, had some great tapes from you.

Just wish you didn't put my name next to that slippery cunt
He's been spot on with me. I know he might be controversial but all of my deals with him worked out.