SWEET COZY VIDEO

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

October 26th, 2006, 9:19 pm #1

SWEET COZY VIDEO is an online exchange center. In fact this site is the huge collection of Jonas, a great Swedish collector. His entire collection with covers (when exist) and details of original VHS & copies (plus DVDs) from around the world.

Jonas clearly says that he doesn't sell. You could send him your lists for swap but even if you have nothing interesting for him there is his "DVD want list" so you could buy any of his wants for him and do the trade.

The site itself is very nice, you could search for hours looking those rare covers of old VHS...Site is in English of course. You can search by genre, by country or by letter. Also there's a FAQ page with all the details of how this site works, the DVD page and his "want list" page.

Well, go there and take a ride. What are you waiting for?
http://www.sweetcozyvideo.com/scv.html

Tobias Yerking
Tobias Yerking

October 27th, 2006, 3:00 pm #2

I'm so glad you like it Miltos !! I've spent hours & hours searching Jonas' videos. A must for ex-rentals fans !!!

WANYON
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
WANYON
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

November 7th, 2006, 11:41 am #3

I spoke with Jonas a few times maybe 2 or 3 years ago and he was up for some trades. At the time, he was abit busy with personal stuff though and said he would get back to me, but never did. I contacted him again, and he apologised and said he would go through my lists again and email me with some stuff he wanted...but, again, he never did!
Seems like an okay kind of guy...polite enough, anyway...but i am unsure how reliable he is, to b honest.
Do you know him Miltos? Have you been in contact with him recently? His site seems like it hasn't been updated in years!

Let me know, as there were always a few he had that interested me...

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

November 8th, 2006, 3:40 pm #4

I mention this site because I like it so much, I'm going crazy for old VHS covers & releases. I don't know the guy personally...It happens to know a few collectors called "Jonas" and I'm not really sure if he's one of them.
One forum member is also called Jonas...but I've e-mailed him already and it's not him.

You could try to e-mail him again. Some times people are terribly busy and it sounds they ignore you but in fact you've catched them in a bad period.

Take ME for example Wayne, I promised I'll go to my parents' house to search for those CINESEX (and a few tapes to swap with a couple of members here) but i DIDN'T find the time to go there yet...

Now I live in the south part of Athens while my old "parents" house is in the north you know...

Today I manage to escape from my job early but instead of going there I find myself in a few banks paying bills !! :angry:

WANYON
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
WANYON
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

November 16th, 2006, 11:02 am #5

lol...that's alright, mate. I'm a pretty patient guy when i know people and their situations. No worries. I am like that myself. I have always prided myself on being reliable and quick, but ever since becoming a father and deciding to quit my job to raise my son fulltime, i have found that everything else tends to get swamped! Sometimes i forget to send things out to people or have not been able to find the time to get DVD-Rs or emails sent...can be a nightmare, as i have always taken great pride in being trustworthy, honest, reliable and an all-round good person to the best of my abilities. Still, the people who know me realise the changes in my life and how these changes have affected my trading, financial situation and other things, and are cool about it...

I saw a CINESEX on Ebay with 6 pages on Renato's 'lost' film "MANIA" the other week...but now it has gone! DOH!!!

If you like rare VHS covers, have you visited the www.pre-cert.co.uk website? It was set up by someone called Marc Morris (ahem) and features everything you could ever want to know about videos release here in the UK in the "pre-certification" days of the early-to-mid 1980s. There are tons of rare covers for a large portion of releases put out back then, info on the releases as far as running times/cuts/etc, and info on the companies that released them. Well worth keeping your eye on as they are constantly adding to it and also plan to offer large cover scans for a small (ahem) price at some stage...

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

November 16th, 2006, 4:51 pm #6

Yeah, I know Marc Morris' PRE-CERT and I'll post a review of this soon. They have also a great forum, I'm a member and they recently created a "GREEK COLLECTORS" forum there just after I posted a few threads. Extraodinaire !!

MarcMorris

November 17th, 2008, 11:38 am #7

We're trying our best to create a nice forum over at www.pre-cert.co.uk, we have a number of other ideas but as you know it all takes time to set up.

Anyway, you can expect to see an Australian tapes database appearing there shortly
My Movie Collection
Cult Movie Forums - DVD + Blu-ray News + Movie Discussion
Pre Certification Video - Vintage Video Collectors Unite!
Nucleus Films

WANYON
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
WANYON
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

December 2nd, 2008, 1:40 pm #8

Anyone know what happened to Jonas then?

The site is closed and i was hoping to contact him. If anyone has contact details for Jonas, please PM me with his email address (not the old site email contact details though please)...

timversey
Star Member
Star Member
timversey
Star Member
Star Member

December 2nd, 2008, 7:08 pm #9

I have bought from him in the last 8 months and did have his latest email address but have lost it somewhere

you can however contact him here http://www.filmsamling.se/forum/viewtop ... f=6&t=6427 via pm if you choose to register

hope that helps
Collector of rare vintage vhs. Contact timversey@aol.com

WANYON
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
WANYON
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

December 2nd, 2008, 10:27 pm #10

Cheers for that Tim!