Moderators: cinehound, Jack J

shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

February 14th, 2017, 6:14 pm #11

I wonder how many suzzanna movies were released out-side indonesia on video.

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

February 14th, 2017, 11:11 pm #12

I have the Greek vhs of SNAKE QUEEN. I've never heard of another English dubbed release. Have you?
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

February 15th, 2017, 12:09 am #13

Believe also in korea it was released with an english dub. Not so long ago i found a spanish pre-record of an other suzzanna movie. Spanish dubbed but widescreen uncut.

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

February 25th, 2017, 4:12 am #14

shootgringoshoot wrote:the only Suzzanna movies that are available with an English dub are "the Snake Queen" and "Queen of Black Magic"

I don't have the tape but my info is that this Japanese vhs of HUNGRY SNAKE WOMAN is also dubbed into English.

http://backyard-asia.blogspot.dk/2011/0 ... nesia.html

Do you know if this is correct?
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

February 27th, 2017, 2:18 pm #15

Jack J wrote:
shootgringoshoot wrote:the only Suzzanna movies that are available with an English dub are "the Snake Queen" and "Queen of Black Magic"

I don't have the tape but my info is that this Japanese vhs of HUNGRY SNAKE WOMAN is also dubbed into English.

http://backyard-asia.blogspot.dk/2011/0 ... nesia.html

Do you know if this is correct?
That's a really really rare tape (The Japanese). OFDB says it's dubbed in English and there's also a bootleg DVD that's probably sourced from the J tape and it's in English. Perhaps Bill Knight or Videohunter migh have it.

shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

February 27th, 2017, 6:31 pm #16

I believe godzilla2000 has both the japanese and the korean tape.
also I am not sure but I thought I can remember something that the japanese and korean tape of the snake woman/queen are actually the same movie.

The Hungry Snake Woman (JAPAN)
1986 - Petualangan Cinta Nyi Blorong

The Hungry Snake Woman (KOREA)
1986 - Petualangan Cinta Nyi Blorong

I have the indonesian laserdisc of this movie (fullscreen / Bahasa). I am waiting on dvdr's of the japanese and the korean release so I can make a compare.
1986 - Petualangan Cinta Nyi Blorong / The Hungry Snake Woman

Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

March 2nd, 2017, 5:01 pm #17

Looking at the Japanese cover, I can see that there's quite a lot of nudity in the movie. Which would at least partially explain the massive cuts of the Indonesian VCD. OFDB says it's only about an hour long...
I've watched the movie ages ago (some VHS rip probably), but I really can't really remember how violent it was. Any gore?
I'm really curious about what you comparison will reveal.

shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

March 2nd, 2017, 5:44 pm #18

the laserdiscs has a runtime of +/- 81min
the japanese vhs +/- 82:30min

the japanese tape is widescreen and has an english dub
the indonesian laserdisc is fullscreen and in bahasa

the pictures quality of the laserdisc is better, but the 700mb download I gotof the japanese tape was not the best quality. would be interesting to have a direct dvdr transfer of the japanese tape.

the tape has a few "erotic" scene's that run longer as the laserdisc.
after +/- half an hour we see the snake queen undressed. we see how suzzanna walks to the bed, and we see her butt. from this scene the picture of the front of the sleeve is taken.
in the same love scene there are a few seconds were is sugested that suzzanna's tits are being licked.
the totall love maken scene takes a few minutes, the japanese vhs has around 40seconds of material that are not on the laserdisc.

another scene that runs longer on the vhs is the ballet scene, this starts at around 45minutes in the movie.
we see a young girl dancing, there are some close ups from her tits (with cloths). the scene is around 5min, the japanese version is about a minute longer as the version on the laserdisc.

these are the only 2 differences

Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

March 3rd, 2017, 3:14 pm #19

Thanks for this. Any gore?
The erotica in these kind films is usually quite tame by today's standards, but probably too much for the Indonesian censors. Fancy doing a VCD comparison?

What I remember about the S. Korean tape of Samson & Delilah, compared to the VCD (Indonesian I think), is that the entire eating in the tent was cut out. Nothing really happens, though the eating is rather suggestive as can be seen:

http://www.youtube.com/?v=VvfeTgfSnfM

shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

March 3rd, 2017, 9:42 pm #20

not much gore in the movie, but some nice cheap special effects.

I dont have the vcd of the movie, once I have it, I will make a compare with the laserdisc and japanese video.

do you have a dvdr of the korean vhs of samson and delilah? also would like to have a look at the french dvd.

snake queen was also released in lebanon.