gialloboy
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
gialloboy
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

November 30th, 2006, 11:10 am #1

Hi guys,

Just stumbled across this cool forum! You’ll hear more from me in the near future!

I am after these original tapes, can anyone help?

So sweet, so perverse – SOUTH AFRICA, label unknown (will pay € 400)

Spasmo - SOUTH AFRICA, label unknown (will pay € 400)

The Double/La contrafigura – GREECE on IVC (will pay € 400)

The night Evelyn came out of the grave – GREECE on Los Angeles Video (will pay € 200)

Lâmina Assassina (Blade of the Ripper aka The Next Victim aka Next) – BRAZIL on mac vídeo (will pay € 150)

Premonição (The Psychic aka Murder to the Tune of the Seven Black Notes aka Sette Note in Nero) – BRAZIL on Pole Vídeo (will pay € 150)

Trauma (Thrauma) – ARGENTINA on Tauro Video (will pay € 800)

Dangerous Women (Luigi Russo) – JAPAN, Label unknown (will pay € 150)

Una droga llamada Helen (Umberto Lenzi) – SPAIN on Videotechnicas (will pay € 200)

A black veil for Lisa – AUSTRALIA on K&C (will pay € 150)

Bloodsucker leads the dance – AUSTRALIA on Rose (will pay € 150)

Lizard in a Womans Skin – PORTUGAL on Filmitalus (will pay € 400)

Spasmo – PORTUGAL on Imavideo (will pay € 150)

Meurte dans le ville (Delirio Caldo) – CANADA, label unknown (will pay € 800)

Au dela du desir (Delirio Caldo) – FRANCE on MPM (will pay € 400)

Torso – DENMARK on Video Bio (will pay € 200)

What have they done to Solange – BELGIUM (will pay € 150)

Yellow (aka Yellow le cugine) – ISRAEL, label unknown (will pay € 600)

I'm after all kinds of rare Gialli from obscure places like South Africa, Israel, Latin America, Portugal, Arab countries etc. Let me know if you have something!

If you can help with any drop me a PM or contact me on gialloboy@web.de

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

November 30th, 2006, 4:27 pm #2

Hello gialloboy !!

I'm glad you found your way to the forum. I hope you'll post here often,
as I know you're a giallo expert !!

I like very much that you're still a VHS collector, many people simply forgot it for the DVD. I hope you'll find here at least some of the rarities you search for...

Please write topic titles in capitals

WANYON
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
WANYON
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

December 1st, 2006, 2:43 pm #3

Fucking hell...are you nuts?! I mean, we all like to find rare films and videos still, but why in the HELL would you still be wanting to pay such high prices for films that, in some cases are either out on DVD already or will be out within the next 2 years?!
I can understand with certain titles on your list, such as the French language Polselli releases, as they probably will not get DVD issues. But, man...you must be loaded (in both money AND booze, i mean! lol).

By the way, the French release of AU-DELA DU DESIR was on the MGV label (Gilda Video)...not that you will find one floating around anytime, i assure you! As for the Canadian release, it is just as rare as the first and THIRD French language video releases!

One more thing i would probably suggest to you: try and keep your personal prices you would be willing to pay private. It would be better to suggest you would be WILLING to "pay very good prices", rather than stating prices, as otherwise you risk bumping prices/values for such tapes SKY HIGH, to the point of being unbelievably unreasonable! This is not good for collectors worldwide, as a result. So, try going easy with those quotes, because once certain titles start selling for those kinds of prices, the values very rarely come down (unless DVD releases are issued)...

gialloboy
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
gialloboy
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

December 1st, 2006, 3:03 pm #4

Hi there,

good point, however I had this add including these prices on several Forums and not much came around... These tapes are so obscure that they cannot be found anywhere. I would happily pay those sums as I do not care about the DVD releases and enjoy the tapes to a level that justifies these expenses to me personally.

Good news - two days ago I received "Au dela du desir" on the EV label, this one from Belgium and in PAL.

It cost a lot but it is sure worth it to me!

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

December 4th, 2006, 3:56 pm #5

gialloboy wrote: These tapes are so obscure that they cannot be found anywhere.
Hm, I'm sure I understand how gialloboy feels. I know the man for many years and he has one of the bigger giallo VHS collections worldwide. So he's ready to pay a small fortune for the few ultra-mega-rarest (!!) pieces he hasn't, this sounds logical to me...

gialloboy
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
gialloboy
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

December 4th, 2006, 4:52 pm #6

At least somebody understands me

cinehound - will I add pictures of my tapes onto the forum?

Deleted User
Deleted User

December 5th, 2006, 9:46 am #7

gialloboy wrote: At least somebody understands me

cinehound - will I add pictures of my tapes onto the forum?
Miltos will answer your question about putting pictures of your tapes in the forum, I'm sure.

In the meantime, let me say: YES, PLEASE!!!

(I could never afford those prices for rare tapes, but I think I can understand you, as well).

WANYON
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
WANYON
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

December 5th, 2006, 11:15 am #8

Lucky bastard! I would die to get my hands on one of the French language video releases of AU-DELA DU DESIR! My book is screaming out for good scans of the French language release sleeves, as i only have a scan of the MGV release, albeit not a high-resolution scan...
Feel free to email me again about exchanging lists and maybe you can provide some stuff for the book! ;p

gialloboy
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
gialloboy
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

December 5th, 2006, 12:22 pm #9

Follow the link for (some) pictures of my Collection:

http://www.pre-cert.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=594

N-joy!

70s
70s

December 16th, 2006, 7:28 am #10

VHS is almost dead and i can't understand why are you offering so much money for them.I know they're all f*cking rare.But you could try to find good DVD-R reproductions with covers instead.The cost is much lower and a DVD is always better than a VHS!