Ocean Shores

Asian horror, action, erotica, war, martial arts etc # Reviews, info & releases!

Moderators: cinehound, Jack J

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 18th, 2009, 10:28 pm #11

Hey Peter, thanks a lot. That's a beauty!!!

I Look forward to your HK scans!!!

2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Alvin Purple

July 19th, 2009, 12:14 am #12

bruceholecheck wrote:Covers found online:

068: Bruce, Kung Fu Girls
359: The Ninja Pirates
Those two seem familiar

Here are a few more from recent auctions:

Ocean Shores:
OS-132 / Little Hero
OS-203 / Love in Chinese Style
OS-280 / A Girl Called Tigress
OS-316 / Kung Fu 12 Kicks
OS-335 / Super Dynamo

Omni:
OV-113 / Fast Fists
OV-145 / Last Duel
OV-148 / I'm Madly In Love

BTW, congrats on that win, Jack. Very cool tape!

And, Kothar, that Seeding of a Ghost sleeve is incredible - thanks for the scan

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 19th, 2009, 1:08 am #13

Thanks, Alvin.

Here's another VERY cool cover: BRUTAL SORCERY! Unfortunately, it's of someone elses tape.

Here's one tape that I DO have in my collection; the Danish Ocean Shores release of GHOSTLY FACE. Uncut, letterbox and English dub.

2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 19th, 2009, 5:43 am #14

It's 7:42 AM and I just bought this one:

petcor80
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
petcor80
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 19th, 2009, 8:51 am #15

the only one I have, and soon going in a trade

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 19th, 2009, 11:25 am #16

Wauw, Peter!! I have never actually seen that cover before!!! Who's the lucky collector getting it (or is that a big secret?).

Thanks for posting that!!!!!

petcor80
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
petcor80
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 19th, 2009, 11:42 am #17

Jack J wrote:

Wauw, Peter!! I have never actually seen that cover before!!! Who's the lucky collector getting it (or is that a big secret?).

I did post it before on the forum in the "rare video appreciation thread" ...without much response on it then, guess you missed it :lol:
And I don't do secrets, it's going to Lars and I'm getting a Danish Ator in return (finally some Danish stuff to add to my collection! I bet you would have made that trade too if you knew I had this tape, or not? :))

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 19th, 2009, 3:33 pm #18

petcor80 wrote:
Jack J wrote: :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink: 

I did post it before on the forum in the "rare video appreciation thread" ...without much response on it then, guess you missed it :lol:
And I don't do secrets, it's going to Lars and I'm getting a Danish Ator in return (finally some Danish stuff to add to my collection! I bet you would have made that trade too if you knew I had this tape, or not? :))
Haha, yes absolutely!! I have completely missed that posting of yours. Bummer.

This tape is way more rare than the Japanese version which seems to be popping up everywhere these days. And of course it's subtitled in English.

Now, where's Lars? *looks around* Lars, wheeeere are yoooou??? *holding baseball-bat behind back* Come here Lars, I've got some candy for yooou!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lars Jacobsson
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Lars Jacobsson
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 19th, 2009, 4:06 pm #19

Jack: Peter informed me that the tape was cut though so you don't have to feel that bad about it. I'd rather watch it cut with subtitles (even Ocean Shores half-incomprehensible subtitles) than uncut without though, but that's me. I haven't seen it before, if I really like it i'm gonna keep it of course, otherwise i'm sure it can be traded. And, as always, almost all of my tapes are for trade for the real hardcore wants...

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 19th, 2009, 4:13 pm #20

Lars, yes it's slightly cut (I haven't sat down and compared the two but reports say it's not very much) and yes it's fullscreen instead of lbx (like the Jap. tape) but I'm a collector of these films so obviously I would like to track down both versions. That's just me. Other more normal (i.e. sane) people would be happy with just one version. :lol:

Well, if it's not your cup of tea let me know and I'll see if I can provide you with your heart's desires.