Moderators: cinehound, Jack J

Norwegian films

L.A.
Advanced Member
L.A.
Advanced Member

July 4th, 2009, 11:49 am #1

In the Norske Klassikere series Kåre Bergstrøm's Krvavi put / Blodveien (1955) is now available on DVD. A must have.

Also his horror film De dødes tjern / Lake of the Dead (1958) should be released in the same series. Does anyone know has this been released yet?

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 4th, 2009, 6:29 pm #2

Thanks for the heads-up. Since I read this review:
http://tentaclatron.blogspot.com/search ... 8des+tjern
I've been wanting to watch DE DØDES TJERN.

PS: The cover in that review is for a bootleg.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

L.A.
Advanced Member
L.A.
Advanced Member

July 4th, 2009, 11:28 pm #3

Jack J wrote:PS: The cover in that review is for a bootleg.
That's good to know. Again, thanks for the info!

De dødes tjern should have been out on DVD about three years ago but for some reason the release has been delayed. Couple days ago when I saw Bergstrøm's Krvavi put / Blodveien DVD and some new additions in the Norske Klassikere series I remembered De dødes tjern and decided to do a Google search to see whether it's been released. This time I saw a DVD cover but didn't see it on sale in any online stores. So this got me a bit puzzled.

Well at least one of Bergstrøm's films is now available on DVD and hopefully De dødes tjern will finally see the light of day.

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 5th, 2009, 12:55 am #4

Someone on Uncut.dk forum made me aware of this page:

http://www.dvdstrax.com/no/index.php3?S ... item=39486

- where DE DØDES TJERN is listed as an upcoming DVD with four different sets of Scan subs. It doesn't mention when the DVD might get released.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

L.A.
Advanced Member
L.A.
Advanced Member

July 5th, 2009, 6:47 pm #5

Jack J wrote:Someone on Uncut.dk forum made me aware of this page:

http://www.dvdstrax.com/no/index.php3?S ... item=39486

- where DE D�DES TJERN is listed as an upcoming DVD with four different sets of Scan subs. It doesn't mention when the DVD might get released.�
If it would have Scandinavian subs that would be more than welcome. I reckon if it's going to be released it will have English and Norwegian subtitles. For example I have Ni liv (1957) DVD (fantastic film by the way ;)) and it has these subtitle options.

I have also seen these Norske Klassikere titles:

Døden er et kjærtegn (1949)
Kontakt! (1956)
Ung flukt (1959)

And these also have English and Norwegian subtitles.

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 5th, 2009, 7:21 pm #6

Thanks, LA. Those other three films you mention, are they good?

Btw, there's a Nordisk Film logo on that DE DØDES TJERN dvd cover so I sent an email to Nordisk Film today and asked if they have any info about the release. I'll let you know if they make a reply.
PIC_0002.jpg

magnus
Star Member
Star Member
magnus
Star Member
Star Member

July 5th, 2009, 8:47 pm #7

Hmm, i for one have very little knowledge of Norvegian films, a bit strange as it´s a neigbouring country to Sweden and have very similar language, but most things from Norway (except for skiers) is pretty much looked down upon or simply ignored here, sadly enough. I´m familiar with DE DØDES TJERN, allthough haven´t watched it yet but have an unsubtitled copy somewhere. But more than that one, which of the Norske Klassiker dvds are worth checking out? They´re avalible for cheap at Cdon so i might grab a few... they don´t have BLODVEIEN in stock yet though...

L.A.
Advanced Member
L.A.
Advanced Member

July 6th, 2009, 1:00 am #8

Jack J wrote:Btw, there's a Nordisk Film logo on that DE D�DES TJERN dvd cover so I sent an email to Nordisk Film today and asked if they have any info about the release. I'll let you know if they make a reply.
Good work, Jack! If you get a reply from Nordisk Film about a possible release date for this would you let me know.
Jack J wrote:Those other three films you mention, are they good?
magnus wrote:...which of the Norske Klassiker dvds are worth checking out?
Definitely check out Ni liv (1957). Simply amazing!

If film noir interests then D�den er et kj�rtegn (1949) is worth checking out.

Kontakt! (1956) is a decent war espionage film. The events take place in Nazi occupied Norway.

Ung flukt (1959) is so-so drama in a rural environment with a bit of excitement. Liv Ullmann's first starring role.

Lars Jacobsson
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Lars Jacobsson
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 6th, 2009, 6:39 pm #9

Me too have seen emabresslingly little stuff from Norway (Hotel St: Pauli were unfortunely one of the handful of films i've seen, one of the worst ever, brrrr....). Did my best to cover that by ordering Ni Liv and Døden er et kjærteg from Cdon. Can't wait to get them, Ni Liv sounds fantastic and there could be no such thing as bad norweigan film noir!

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 6th, 2009, 7:28 pm #10

I posted a couple of clips from DE DØDES TJERN:

http://enlejemordersertilbage.blogspot.com...coming-dvd.html