NEW CUNEYT ARKIN DVD RELEASES

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 1st, 2008, 6:20 pm #1

There are some new Cuneyt Arkin DVD releases in Turkey! Films from the 60s, without subtitles, but they're all very interesting crime/sword/mystery films!
On ebay by Alpay!
http://cgi.ebay.com/DELI-SAHIN-CUNEYT-A ... m153.l1262
http://cgi.ebay.com/ARMLESS-HERO-CUNEYT ... m153.l1262
http://cgi.ebay.com/SELAHADDIN-EYYUBI-C ... m153.l1262
http://cgi.ebay.com/YAKUT-GOZLU-KEDI-CU ... m153.l1262
http://cgi.ebay.com/OTTOMAN-EAGLE-CUNEY ... m153.l1262

I'm looking for wholesales to bring them all to my shop too
We'll see...

But it seems Cuneyt Arkin finds his way to DVD releases in Turkey. I hope for films from 70s/80s and for subtitled releases too!

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 1st, 2008, 9:26 pm #2

Thanks for those links, Miltos! Very nice they're coming out on dvd. I wish they were subtitled tho (and they are a bit pricey too).

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Aymanoglu
Aymanoglu

July 2nd, 2008, 4:47 am #3

Yes, the ebay seller is very pricey, since you can pick those up in Turkey for around $7 each.

I enjoyed the two swashbucklers that I saw years ago on VHS (and still own):

SELAHADDIN EYYUBI - Arkin plays the warrior Saladin and vs King Richard and the Crusaders.

OSMANLI KARTALI - Arkin goes a little Zorro-ish in this one playing a masked avenger by night, and a Rasputun-like monk during the day in the Russian court.

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 2nd, 2008, 6:22 am #4

Aymanoglu wrote: Yes, the ebay seller is very pricey, since you can pick those up in Turkey for around $7 each.
Yes, but I suppose he must get a profit by them, right? And what chances do we have? Go to Turkey and buy them?

I suppose there will be some Turkish online shops too but very difficult to non-Turks to browse & buy...

TULUMBA -that Turkish shop located in USA- has prices like these on DVDs too...I suppose it's logical, shops must get profit somehow!

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 2nd, 2008, 7:15 am #5

You're right it's probably the only way for non-Turks to get these films and it's only natural that he should earn money on the sale but we are talking a price increase by 200% here. :huh:

And remember if they are being sold for $7 in Turkey the Turkish sellers are already making a profit by the $7 dollars, so maybe they only give the video company 3-4 dollars for the dvd's.

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Aymanoglu
Aymanoglu

July 2nd, 2008, 12:41 pm #6

Yeah, I was being generous there - it should be around $5-6.

Grab a Turkish speaker and do your shopping from www.ideefixe.com

Here's the link to OSMANLI KARTALI with the price 5.87 Turkish Lira.

http://www.ideefixe.com/Video/tanim.asp ... 0KYTE54BDO

I find them reliable and they are the biggest online shop in Turkey.

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 2nd, 2008, 12:46 pm #7

In a perfect world Turkey would've been colonised by the British like HK. :lol:

Jack

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 2nd, 2008, 1:37 pm #8

OK, I don't understand why I have to find a Turkish speaker (!?) to shop from www.ideefixe.com

Why these people haven't an English option if they really care for collectors like us? I bet they don't give a damn!

And I really don't understand why this reaction against Alpay!

Personally I have no reason to talk about him, I hardly know him...

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 2nd, 2008, 2:12 pm #9

We're not talking about Alpay as such. We are merely talking about saving money. If the eBay seller charges about 20 dollars per dvd and there's five new Cuneyt Arkin dvd's it means you have to cough up with 100 dollars (and that's even before postage).
Now, if the other web-store only charges around 5.87 Turkish Lira (only $5!!) per dvd it comes to $25. You save 75 dollars! That's a lot of money.

Jack

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 2nd, 2008, 2:12 pm #10

I try to say I don't want to...promote him here or something! I've bought a couple of times from him before, that's all. I just found some interesting titles, if you think they're expensive don't touch them, guys...And hold your horses

Ebay & paypal fees are a high, but I suppose his price is a bit high IF he buys for $5-6. But I suppose Alpay is searching for collectors worldwide who don't know Turkish market and have no problem to pay $18 for a rare DVD.

I'm saying this trying to talk about myself if you got it...I suppose sometimes prices seem high for people like Jack and Ayman and most people around here who know where to look for cheaper prices...in countries like Turkey, Malaysia, India etc. They have great online stores. But many other people out there don't trust to buy outsede Europe or USA or don't know where to look for gems...

Maybe buying $6 and sell $18 looks like a crime...OK. But with titles like these you cannot expect to sell like crazy. I mean, you must have a good profit if it or you just don't care. Let's say Alpay...buys for $6 and sells $11. Sounds logical. No! Ebay/Paypal hold about $2 and -worst of all- how many items do you think he could sell? I mean, if you sell thousands of titles $3 per item is a great profit, but if you sell just a little?