MONDO MACABRO upcoming releases

Jared
Star Member
Star Member
Jared
Star Member
Star Member

January 20th, 2007, 6:30 am #1

If you haven't seen it yet here's a rundown of the next bunch of titles from our favorite DVD label. All of it looks incredible!

THE BLOOD ROSE (aka RAVAGED and DEVIL'S MANIAC) – Claude Mulot's erotic horror classic.

THE WARRIOR – The Barry Prima action classic, finally on DVD and completely uncut!

QUEEN OF BLACK MAGIC – The Indonesian horror classic, also known as BLACK MAGIC III.

DAUGHTER OF EVE (a.k.a. SILIP a.k.a. SNAKE SISTERS) – Filipino erotic classic now available for the first time on DVD anywhere.

THE BOLLYWOOD HORROR COLLECTION VOLUME 2

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

January 20th, 2007, 7:33 am #2

DAUGHTER OF EVE is one of my all-time favourites, an incredible weirdo. Highly recommended by Cinehound. It was out on Greek VHS in the 80s. I can't beleive it's out on DVD !! Mondo Macabro simply rules !!!

ajji
Advanced Member
ajji
Advanced Member

January 20th, 2007, 8:20 am #3

all the titles sound very interesting. thanx for the heads-up!

superuomini.jpg

shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

January 19th, 2013, 3:15 pm #4

watched the mond macobro dvd last week.

very interestng movie!
I dont want to call it an erotic movie, think the nudity and sexuality is very politically used.
very nice camera work, intersting locations ........ a very weird movie with allmost an el-topo like atmosphere.

also I found the movie is his time far forwards(?)

love the extra's! love mondo macabro!

toxic_avenger

January 19th, 2013, 7:16 pm #5

any news about upcoming releases ?

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

January 19th, 2013, 9:17 pm #6

A friend sent me Mondo Macabro's entire 12 episode series of EUROTIKA recently. It is the tv series they made before the Mondo Macabro tv series - and it's fabulous. And no, it's not just "erotic" movies but just as much horror movies as well. I wish they would put out an official set. Hell, I wish they would put out a complete set of the Mondo Macabro series as well so you could have them all collected in one release.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

January 19th, 2013, 9:20 pm #7

I changed the thread title. Let's use this thread to talk about new (and old) MM releases.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

January 20th, 2013, 11:06 am #8

I started too watch all mm dvd's only a short while ago.

the dvd's are allways full with great surprises. I try not too find any information about the movies before i watch them ...... the extra on the disks are very interesting and give you some very nice side information. i try too watch the extra after I watched the mean movie.

untill now I find the asian disks the most interesting ..... the spanish horror jess franco etc I found not so interesting .... propably these are the releases that were made too cover some costs for other project ........ too be very honest I dont understand why soo many people addore the jess francos movies ......

a mm disk that I also really liked was the belgium movie "crazy love". I remember that the movie played in the cinema ..... but i was too young too appriciate the movie ...also didnt understand it. the more I enjoyed in now!

I movie I would love too see released by mm would be -Golden Queens Commando-

Jared
Star Member
Star Member
Jared
Star Member
Star Member

January 24th, 2013, 11:13 pm #9

I'll be making a blog post a bit later this evening with a big announcement. May disappoint those who want MM to stick to the Asian stuff, but the movies in this new round of releases are amazing! Stay tuned ...

A.N.
Advanced Member
A.N.
Advanced Member

January 25th, 2013, 4:08 am #10

Ok for the classic Alain Robbe-Grillet films... Great news.

Yet, if I may, what about the long awaited release of Jess Franco's Plaisir à trois / How to Seduce a Virgin? Can I still hope?