Messalina, Messalina!

petcor80
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
petcor80
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

September 8th, 2013, 9:23 am #1

I was looking for this right now, thinking it wouldn't be an obscure title but there doesn't seem to be a good release of this one (on DVD at least)!?!?

So I was wondering about the Dutch VHS
is it uncut, is it widescreen? Both probably not as I also didn't find a good rip on any tracker... but if it is a longer version I would still like to buy or trade it from someone

if anybody has some artwork to show or stories to tell about this movie, please do!

April 27th, 2014, 1:56 pm #2

It was filmed on the sets of CALIGULA, and starred several of the same cast members. For the most part it's your typical Italian sex comedy of the era, but the climax gets ludicrously blood-splattered in a Monty Python-esque gore galore slaughterthon.

If you have the Penthouse / Image blu-ray of CALIGULA, we got Penthouse Pet Lori Wagner to talk a little bit about her experience on the film.

It was released on U.S. tape by Video City as MESSALINA, EMPRESS OF ROME and again by Magnum Video (not to be confused with Magnum Entertainment) as CALIGULA: SINS OF ROME. The latter print looked terrible, and eventually hit cheapo DVD as CALIGULA II. It looks awful.

There's a good looking German trailer around as MESSALINA: KAISERIN UND HURE, sourced from the obscure Dutch trailer comp DE NACHT VAN DE WANSMAAK.
Cinema Arcana
Knee-Deep in Cinemuck!