Kung Fu Zombie

Asian horror, action, erotica, war, martial arts etc # Reviews, info & releases!

Moderators: cinehound, Jack J

Kung Fu Zombie

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

November 25th, 2009, 12:28 am #1

I'm getting this:
http://enlejemordersertilbage.blogspot.com...-fu-zombie.html
- Ocean Shoes vhs of KUNG FU ZOMBIE but I'm told it's the short 80 min, English dubbed version. I also have the UK dvd but this also only runs around 80 min and is dubbed into English. However, apparently there exist a longer 100 min. version but I don't know if it's available anywhere. Do any of you know? Thanks.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Godzilla-2000

November 25th, 2009, 12:55 am #2

The Japanese tape from Daiei gives a runtime of 99 mins on its sleeve, however I have no idea if the movie itself really runs that long (didn't find the time to watch it yet).

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

November 25th, 2009, 1:02 am #3

Sounds promising. Thanks.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

romps
Advanced Member
romps
Advanced Member

November 25th, 2009, 10:18 am #4

Old dutch video release from Standard Video seems to be the short version too, I haven't watched the tape tho but cover states the runtime being 79 minutes.
"Ming mang mong nam nam!"

- Jack J

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

November 25th, 2009, 5:28 pm #5

Thanks. This is probably a matter of the film being shortened for the international marked so all English dubbed versions are most likely the short version. It's a silly film but I still like my films fully uncut, silly or not. :lol:

Godzilla-2000

November 25th, 2009, 6:59 pm #6

The release year of "Kung Fu Zombie" still has me somewhat intrigued. The HKMDb states it was made in 1981, which seems a bit old.
More so since the Japan tape says it was made in 1986, which would put it into the category of "Mr. Vampire" follow-ups... Any thoughts?

Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

November 25th, 2009, 7:49 pm #7

Ofdb talks about two "KUNG FU ZOMBIE" movies, one released in -79 and one in -81.

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

November 25th, 2009, 8:00 pm #8

On the Hong Kong Movie Data base they usually know what they're talking about and they write:

Theatrical Run: 10/01/1981

The one listed on the OFDb from '79 is an entirely different film and it's an alternative title (or maybe even a wrong aka title). The real one is by Billy Chong.

Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

November 25th, 2009, 8:08 pm #9

Godzilla-2000

November 25th, 2009, 9:20 pm #10

That's certainly an entirely different Film. That label ("Cult Cinema International") re-released many films and put different titles on them.