Her Vengeance

Cteve
Star Member
Star Member
Cteve
Star Member
Star Member

June 19th, 2013, 5:16 pm #1

Does anybody have Her Vengeance LD or a rip of it?
Also, can anyone confirm if the LD is the full uncut version fearuring the branch
in the mouth shot during the rape scene etc...

Merlin
Merlin

June 19th, 2013, 8:15 pm #2

From the torrent description at CG - The composite was assembled by guthrietheloony....

-------------

Notorious Hong Kong 'I SPIT' rip-off that's someway better than its' role model and also one of the best Cat-III movies going.

OK, quality's not great, and I'm new to CG (how does one paste in sceenshots), but I can confirm that this is the uncut version, containing the 'branch in the mouth' shots (and various other little violent bits here and there) that are missing from almost every other version.

The uncut bits were taken from an uncut, unsubtitled VHS release on the Virgin label, and they do stand out from the rest of the film.

By which I mean, they're lesser quality than the rest of the film is."

----------

I suspect the unsubbed Virgin VHS is the only 'uncut' version or someone would've made a composite using the LD as source. But that's just a guess.

Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

June 19th, 2013, 9:50 pm #3

I'd imagine there'd be a LD rip on CG if it was uncut.

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

June 19th, 2013, 10:00 pm #4

There is no "uncut" version. There exist two different edits (both official). One has more violence but less dialogue. The other has less violence but more dialogue. The info that I have is that a version like the fan composite was never released anywhere.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

June 19th, 2013, 10:04 pm #5

2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Cteve
Star Member
Star Member
Cteve
Star Member
Star Member

June 20th, 2013, 2:59 am #6

I'm aware of the CG upload (which is great), but the film is avi and the uploader already mentioned the poor quality of it. He probably used only VCD source + VHS.

I would like to make a proper restoration using DVD + LD material and of course the snippets from that rare VHS but also color correct all the scenes so that it flows better. Therefore, that's why I'm looking for the LD in the first place.

Inspector Tanzi
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Inspector Tanzi
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 21st, 2013, 12:40 pm #7

What's missing from the Fortune Star DVD?

bubikoglu
Advanced Member
bubikoglu
Advanced Member

July 21st, 2013, 3:48 pm #8

Inspector Tanzi wrote: What's missing from the Fortune Star DVD?
The Fortune Star DVD trims the majority of the violence (both gore and sexual violence) and in some places offers a "softer" alternate take of certain scenes. The final scene at the club suffers the most cuts as does Shing Fui On's death in the car.
For violence/gore it's the worst (i.e. most cut) edition available but it does at least contain additional dialogue scenes and is the best looking version.

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 21st, 2013, 3:59 pm #9

There's a good screen grab comparison between the two versions here:
http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=4049

- and bookmark that site! It's a good one.

Inspector Tanzi
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Inspector Tanzi
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

July 21st, 2013, 4:11 pm #10

Cheers, Sef, Jack :cheers: