Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

September 26th, 2007, 3:30 pm #1

[in Greek accent] Welcome my friend!!

I spoke to Miltos the other day and he asked me if I wanted to admin. one or two of the old sections and obviously I said: 'yaaah, weeell, Miltos, lissen old chap, I collect Indo flicks and old dark Hong Kong horror flicks so how about an Asian section?'

And here it is! Our brand new Asian section. So [in Bela Lugosi accent] I biiid you all velkaame!! Now, wipe your feet before you come in. You're not in Cinehound land anymore. You're in my domain! I'm king and you better behave!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, crank up the stereo and let's have some fun.

Jack

2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Jared
Star Member
Star Member
Jared
Star Member
Star Member

September 26th, 2007, 11:30 pm #2

It's about time! A fine idea, my good man! Excelsior!

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

September 27th, 2007, 6:05 am #3

Thanks Jared. And you're right. About time we got us an Asian section!

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

andras
Advanced Member
andras
Advanced Member

September 27th, 2007, 10:22 am #4

Hopefully someone will come around and show off his Shaw Brothers horror video collection. There were a couple of SB tapes by Ocean Shores (such as Seeding of a Ghost),how about this one?:

I have searched this and nothing come up,not even 1 review.

videohunter
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
videohunter
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

September 27th, 2007, 10:26 am #5

speaking of asian cinema, i truly love AUDITION , and i highly recommend it to anyone who hasen't seen it.....

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

September 27th, 2007, 6:02 pm #6

andras wrote: Hopefully someone will come around and show off his Shaw Brothers horror video collection. There were a couple of SB tapes by Ocean Shores (such as Seeding of a Ghost),how about this one?:
I have searched this and nothing come up,not even 1 review.
There was a little bit of talk about it over at dvdmaniacs but you're right, no review. I think it's become a trend to be into kung-fu cinema and new Jap/Korean horror and unfortunately people overlook old, dark HK horror.

Jack

andras
Advanced Member
andras
Advanced Member

September 27th, 2007, 6:56 pm #7

Surprising isn't it as these days You can find dozens of revs on any given obscure French crapola that gets released by Mondo Macabro (sorry). I was making capsules on ADG (look up the SB thread) but I wanted to see at least screenshots from this damn movie!

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

October 9th, 2007, 12:41 am #8

While we're awaiting reviews and posts about Asian flicks in this section you might wanna take a look at this one-page site that was supposed to be the beginning of a Hong Kong film fanzine. It never occurred tho and all that actually got done was this page. Update every blue moon! :rolleyes:

http://www.home.no/hktc/forside.html

Jack

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

October 10th, 2007, 4:24 pm #9

Ahh, October's been a good month so far! Cool new DVDs. SEEDING OF A GHOST (as if I hadn't mentioned that a 100 times), BEWITCHED (Boxer's Omen prequel), RETURN OF THE DEAD (Enchanted Shadow sequel), MYSTICS IN BALI (re-mastered ntsc re-release), ANGEL (aka Iron angels), MY HEART IS THAT ETERNAL ROSE, HELL HAS NO BOUNTRY, + MAGIC OF SPELL (VCD only)!!! Okay, a couple may be September releases but I didn't get them till October and since this is my section THAT'S what counts! :lol: :lol:
Expect reviews along the way.

Jack

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

October 19th, 2007, 8:43 pm #10

Hey hep-cats,
Another exiting piece of news in Hong Kong horrors: Image in the US are going to put out CORPSE MANIA on DVD! They're also putting out SEEDING OF A GHOST (which, if memory serves me well, is a film I think I've mentioned in here before ). Both films are already out from Celestial but in the case of CORPSE MANIA it's a VCD release only. Great news. There's no release date as of yet.

CORPSE MANIA is best described as a Hong Kong giallo!

Jack