Fire of Vengeance / 1982

shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

October 14th, 2017, 9:31 am #1

Perhitungan Terakhir / 1982 (English title: Fire of Vengeance)
Directed by Danu Umbara

With; Barry Prima, Tuty Wasiat, George Rudy, Enny Haryono

A very rare Indonesian movie.
A real luck I could find a remastered tv version and a lebanese vhs with an english dub.
the lebanese vhs is the first and only english dubbed version of the movie I ever saw.

Indonesian TV

French vhs

German vhs

Indonesian Betamax

Lebanese vhs

screenshot compare

shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

January 16th, 2018, 9:26 am #2

Synopsis (taken from filmindonesia.com)
title translation: The Final Settlement

A gang of assassins murder Wendy’s husband, Johan, during their honeymoon. Handoko, the gang leader orders his girlfriend, Hany, who is actually Windy’s friend, to capture her. Later, we see Windy becoming a disciple of Harun the cleric, who is also her father’s teacher. After the tutelage, Windy returns to find her husband’s murderer. She disguises as a taxi driver and helps the police arrest many criminals. Hany, who is actually a police undercover in Handoko’s gang, shows up once again. Both infiltrate Handoko’s headquarters but are captured. When they finally escape, they release Handoko’s prisoners.

the synopsis pretty much tells main story line. many of the details are not mentoined, and these make the fun of watching this movie.
I am often surprised by the details in these indoensian 80's movies that I find very extreem. for example in To Burn the Sun, the famely of a country girl is murdered, the girl is raped and sold to a whore house in jakarta .... not an easy subject. In this movie one of the final fights against the bad guys takes place in a gay whore house! the bad gay is lying in bed with an other man, making out ...... I would not expect something like this from a movie made in a muslim country!

A fun movie, I am really looking forwards making a fan project of this!