El llanero (1963) Jesus Franco

shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

December 30th, 2009, 12:58 am #1

im looking for the jess franco movie -el llanero- believe its the only western he made.

I have a dvdr that is a copy from a french tape "go video" called Le jaguar.

I would love to get my hands on the video tape or and also would like to see an english/english subtitled or german audio version from the movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057257/

Harm
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Harm
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

December 30th, 2009, 8:50 am #2

As it´s set in South America, it´s not a western. Not too good a movie either, but mildly enjoyable in a cheesy sort of way. Too bad he didn´t make any real spaghetti type westerns with boobs thrown in. Now that would have been something!

Anyway, an Italian language tv rip with English fansubs is available on CG.

magnus
Star Member
Star Member
magnus
Star Member
Star Member

December 30th, 2009, 9:51 am #3

The French vhs shouldn´t be hopeless to find.
But i agree, a very unremarcable film, and not really a western at all. Like a south american Zorro, without a proper Zorro...
Franco also was involved in a regular Zorro-movie (and that one is pretty enjoyable) LE MARQUE DE ZORRO from 1975. His involvent is very small though, only the credit-sequence set in modern day with a old man asking some children if they know about Zorro. I guess Eurociné just tucked that part on a 10 year old Zorro-flick they had lying about...
and also one of the more recent ones have some western-settings, VAMPIRE JUNCTION from 2001, but i never did get around to actually watch it.

shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
shootgringoshoot
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

December 30th, 2009, 10:50 am #4

i never saw the french tape of El llanero. there are a couple more french tapes im after but they are expensive (50-60€) or I cant find them at all!

I did get lucky a few days ago, bought:
5 RAFALES POUR RINGO
LA GRIFFE DU COYOTTE
for a few euro's :rolleyes:

im downloading the italian with english subs version of El llanero now. will watch it tonight.....tried to watch the french version before....to be honest I didnt find the movie so bad at all. the way the movie is filmed and the locations look mutch better than the evarage euro western.