kingofB
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
kingofB
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

November 18th, 2011, 10:22 am #1

Hi folks! :hello!:

Bit weird to have a DVD topic from a fanatic VHS fetishist like me so if such a topic allready exists then please let me know and remove mine...

I'm a VHS freak, love the old crappy labeltunes, 80's artwork and the tracking at the start of a tape is like the rumble at the start of a vinyl LP (that's so dear to vinyl-lovers that just don't get that thrill from a CD/MP3), but even to me there are some DVD releases to HAVE!!!

This one contains two different cuts of a GREAT movie previously unavaillable so without any VHS release what-so-ever:

Would like to see more must-have digital releases that never had a decent VHS release, or only a non-english friendly or heavily cut up VHS release...

So if you own any, please share 'em here!!!

:cheers:

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

November 18th, 2011, 5:53 pm #2

I have never watched the film. Which version do you think is the better one? The "original" version or the Lamberto version?
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

kingofB
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
kingofB
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

November 19th, 2011, 12:19 pm #3

Jack J wrote:I have never watched the film. Which version do you think is the better one? The "original" version or the Lamberto version?
Couldn't tell yet, only seen the Mario version yet, as I thought I should first see his, as he probably knew best what he had in mind...

But I did like the Argento version of "Dawn Of The Dead" better then Romero's so who knows...

This movie really had me blown from the couch!!!

If you have it, I recommend you see it!!!

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

November 19th, 2011, 6:49 pm #4

Thanks, Teade. I haven't bought it yet. So many movies. :lol:
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Nocturna
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Nocturna
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

October 10th, 2013, 2:29 pm #5

I sometimes buy DVD`s , especially with vampire movies which did not had an Dutch or sometimes even European release .

These are mostly only on NTSC Cartons which I don`t like , so then I prefer a DVD .

We all like VHS, but if you want to have or see a movie very badly DVD is a good alternative

:tapelove:

Harm
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Harm
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

October 11th, 2013, 10:02 am #6

For me it's simple: I want to see the best available version.

Not gonna fuck around with an old fullscreen VHS tape, when there's a nice widescreen DVD. Won't watch the cut DVD, when there's a VHS release that's uncut.

dekadentast
Advanced Member
dekadentast
Advanced Member

October 11th, 2013, 11:48 am #7

Harm wrote: For me it's simple: I want to see the best available version.

Not gonna fuck around with an old fullscreen VHS tape, when there's a nice widescreen DVD. Won't watch the cut DVD, when there's a VHS release that's uncut.
Nice to see there is other with this view. I always want the best alternative. That is why I only collect VHS of movies not released in a better format. Don't care about how rare they are.

But I truely must agree with kingofB. Kidnapped is an incredible great movie. Have also just seen the "original" version but damn it's good. If you haven't bought the DVD yet there is a blu-ray release of the movie out now. Haven't checked it out yet since there are to many movies to buy if I also have to upgrade all my DVDs with blu-rays. Just the most important are getting an upgrade, or if there are more great extras on them.

bubikoglu
Advanced Member
bubikoglu
Advanced Member

October 11th, 2013, 5:34 pm #8

dekadentast wrote:
Harm wrote: For me it's simple: I want to see the best available version.

Nice to see there is other with this view. I always want the best alternative. That is why I only collect VHS of movies not released in a better format. Don't care about how rare they are.

But I truely must agree with kingofB. Kidnapped is an incredible great movie. Have also just seen the "original" version but damn it's good. If you haven't bought the DVD yet there is a blu-ray release of the movie out now. Haven't checked it out yet since there are to many movies to buy if I also have to upgrade all my DVDs with blu-rays. Just the most important are getting an upgrade, or if there are more great extras on them.
I also share the exact same view. I'll keep a tape if it's uncut or has alt. footage. Will try not to buy a DVD or Blu Ray if it's cut (the recent Top Sensation release from Camera Obscura being an exception)

re: Rabid Dogs - For anyone wondering about the 2 versions, stick to the 'original' Rabid Dogs version and avoid the newer Kidnapped edit - it's fucking shit.

Harm
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Harm
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

October 12th, 2013, 3:37 pm #9

Only seen the original cut, and for me it's one of Bava's best!