Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

April 28th, 2013, 4:50 am #41

Added:

HK030: Tiger Cage II (lbx, theatrical subs) [2]
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

April 28th, 2013, 10:05 pm #42

Here's a bit of a surprise; ENCOUNTERS OF THE SPOOKY KIND was ALSO released in the MADE IN HK vhs line!! It's not on the "complete" list of tapes I was given and I've never come across this tape before. And a google search doesn't turn up the cover anywhere!

Was this a tape that got pulled back or maybe just released in very few copies? Anyhoo, I've ordered it and it'll be interesting to see if the number is right after the current highest one or if there's numbers in-between (which would mean more tapes exist).

Btw, the sequel was released on the Eastern Heroes label!! Fullscreen and subtitled in English. There's still NO English friendly dvd release of it. There's a VCD which, if I remember correctly, is somewhat letterboxed. There's a great looking French dvd but sans English subs (there's a bootleg with English subs and fan subbed versions).

2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

May 4th, 2013, 5:51 pm #43

I got the tape today and it actually turns out to be #39. Someone forgot to put it on the original list. :lol:

HK039: Encounter of the Spooky Kind (lbx, new subs)

NB: the covers says "Encounters" (plural) but the print calls the film "ENCOUNTER". Yesterday, I watched DEADLY DREAM WOMAN (from Eastern Heroes) which on the cover is called "Deadly Dream Women. Why couldn't the British video labels get the difference between singular and plural right?? :wacko:

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

May 4th, 2013, 6:43 pm #44

Not from MADE IN HONG KONG but from EASTERN HEROES's Dutch sister label, HOLLYWOOD EAST. I just won this on eBay:

:tapelove:

bdc
Star Member
Star Member
bdc
Star Member
Star Member

May 17th, 2013, 7:20 pm #45

Nice one Jack ,wonder how it compares to the vcd or other versions? :up:

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

May 17th, 2013, 7:56 pm #46

Thanks! I don't know. This is the only version that I have (and I haven't even watched it yet!) :lol:

The cover promises an uncut version.

Inspector Tanzi
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Inspector Tanzi
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

November 23rd, 2013, 12:22 am #47

Jack J wrote: Thanks! I don't know. This is the only version that I have (and I haven't even watched it yet!) :lol:

The cover promises an uncut version.
Have you watched it yet, Jack?