Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

February 8th, 2010, 3:58 pm #32

Very cool! Thanks, Andras (and check my reply on my blog). :hello!:
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

January 2nd, 2011, 6:35 pm #33

Not sure if this list is still being updated, but I found some missing info on OFDb:

HK001: Full Contact (lbx, subbed, cut)
HK014: The Heroic Trio II (lbx, subbed)
HK023: Treasure Hunters (lbx, English dubbed)
HK025: Shaolin Martial Arts (lbx, English dubbed)*
HK026: Blood Brothers (lbx)
HK032: Blade of Fury (lbx, cut: horse falling down)
HK037: Wing Chun (lbx, subbed)
HK049: Mr. Vampire (lbx, subbed)
HK053: Warriors Two (lbx)
HK057: Prison on Fire(lbx, subbed)
HK076: Knockabout (lbx, subbed) **

* This one is not on your alphabetical list (or I missed an alternative title), but spannick knows what he's talking about, so if he contributed the info on OFDb here the tape exists
**I know your list only goes to 74 (the alphabetical list has so far 70 titles I believe), but the cover quite clearly shows a 76

Also, I can't quite make out the number on 'City on Fire' here - might have to buy the tape myself to find out.
Jack, are you (still) looking to complete your collection and if so which titles are you missing?

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

January 3rd, 2011, 12:35 am #34

Thanks, mr. 8537935! And yes it's still being updated, I just haven't got any new ones for a while - and I'm probably one of the only ones here who are interested in these tapes as they are sell-thru and everyone here is just interested in ex-rental tapes. :lol: I'll add your tape numbers.

I still need a few titles to complete my own collection but right now I'm skint :lol:

Thanks again. :cheers:
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

January 3rd, 2011, 12:41 am #35

8537935 wrote: * This one is not on your alphabetical list (or I missed an alternative title), but spannick knows what he's talking about, so if he contributed the info on OFDb here the tape exists
**I know your list only goes to 74 (the alphabetical list has so far 70 titles I believe), but the cover quite clearly shows a 76
You're right, and I'm well aware Spannick is an expert in these matters. He's also a member here, by the way.

About any missing titles: Originally, I asked about the titles on Asian Dvd Guide and this was the list someone had compiled, and I've just added info and numbers. I didn't know if there were numbers beyond #74 so that's why the list ended there. Any additions are welcome.

If anybody has #76 it would be nice if they could check if the subs are new (for the video release) or theatrical subs. Cheers.

January 24th, 2011, 3:39 pm #36

8537935 wrote:Also, I can't quite make out the number on 'City on Fire' here - might have to buy the tape myself to find out.
took some time to arrive, but here it is:

-> HK003: City on Fire (lbox, subs)

I'm guessing the 'S' is for subtitled, maybe there also was a dubbed version?

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

January 24th, 2011, 7:30 pm #37

Very cool! Thanks! :hello!:

Hmm, yeah maybe it does. Please let us know if you find out. Cheers.

May 28th, 2011, 7:49 am #38

two more index numbers from some auctions:

HK041 The Buddhist Fist (lbx, English dubbed)
HK066 Miracle Fighters (lbx, subbed)

For proof I have uploaded the scans I took the info from ( http://bayimg.com/OAIFhaAdF & http://bayimg.com/OaIFJAaDF ), however since these aren't mine I'll remove them in about a week.

edit: ... and gone.
@Jack J: I wasn't worried about cinehound members, but the seller who originally made these scans, since I didn't ask him if I could use them.

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

May 28th, 2011, 6:44 pm #39

That's cool, thanks! I'll add them.

In regards to cover scans: This is Cinehound! :ph43r:

I'm fully awere there are other boards where people are tight with their scans and stuff. This isn't one of them. You can post your own scans or scans you find online or get from somebody else, you can post it all. We don't mind.
And you can go to any of the vhs cover sections where people post heaps of covers, and you can use any of them if you want. Everyone here is cool with that and they know it's how it is. Crediting the org. poster is polite tho.
p11338397.jpg

Inspector Tanzi
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Inspector Tanzi
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

June 26th, 2011, 7:59 pm #40

8537935 wrote: HK066 Miracle Fighters (lbx, subbed)
Quite possibly the rarest one out the lot.