Moderators: cinehound, Jack J

BLOOD OF THE VAMPIRE (UK 1958)

Sweeney Todd
Advanced Member
Sweeney Todd
Advanced Member

10:53 PM - Mar 26, 2013 #1

I know, I know... I announced the French release of the complete Continental print four years (!) ago, but finally it will be released by our friends of Artus Films. All the elements came from the better sources, so it can be the restoration of the year... Will be available in June, along with two other British horrors:

- Satan's Skin / The Blood on Satan's Claws - 1971 - Piers Haggard
- Horror Hospital - 1973 - Anthony Blach

bdc
Star Member
Star Member
bdc
Star Member
Star Member

7:49 PM - Mar 27, 2013 #2

Nice one! :up:

Jönas
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jönas
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

12:42 PM - Mar 28, 2013 #3

Will it be different than the two existing DVD's?
My sales/trade thread:
J?nas tapes for trade or sale

My wants:
J?nas wants

Sweeney Todd
Advanced Member
Sweeney Todd
Advanced Member

6:06 PM - Mar 28, 2013 #4

Jönas wrote: Will it be different than the two existing DVD's?
As long as you're talking about quality - totally. The specific scene from the Continental version (Karl tormenting the female prisoners then selecting one of them for Callistratus' experiments) comes from a 35mm print in the collections of the Cinémathèque Française, not from inferior sources like in the previous releases you mentioned. Same thing for the extended shots and other differences.
Anyway, I'll told you about this DVD as soon it'll be released. But I know the person who found the missing segments, and the other in charge of the restoration and release, both being close friends, so I'm sure it will be much better than any of the previous DVDs.

Godzilla-2000

10:57 PM - Mar 28, 2013 #5

I remember the quality of the German e-m-s DVD release to be fine throughout (except for a few scenes in the wrong format in the beginning).

http://www.ofdb.de/film/7419,Der-D%C3%A ... %C3%A4nden

The question is: Is this French restauration going to be longer?

If yes, this would certainly be of high interest.

Sweeney Todd
Advanced Member
Sweeney Todd
Advanced Member

5:35 AM - Mar 29, 2013 #6

I don't know this German DVD but if the screen caps are faithful to the images it seems rather flat. Furthermore, I didn't read all the reviews but there's no mention of a Continental version in this disc, or am I wrong? at this moment I have no information on the running time of the future DVD but I'll post it as soon I'll get it.

spannick

12:21 PM - May 18, 2013 #7

German Version is the uncensored print compared to the US DVD. i did the Dub & Editing for the German disc. but i could only work with what i got which was a PAL-Version of the US Edit and the German 35mm Print. maybe there's something different / cut in both.