Moderators: cinehound, Jack J

Asian DVD/VCD stores & sites

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Joined: August 15th, 2006, 8:05 am

October 12th, 2008, 9:39 am #1

Forget about the avatar to the left! This is Jack, not Miltos!!! :lol:

This is a thread entirely devoted to shops that sell Asian films. If you know of good stores let the rest of us know about it, and I'll add them to the list. Please write a bit of info about the shops:

- where are they located?
- which Asian films do they sell (from which countries)?
- which formats do they sell, DVDs and/or VCDs?
- do they have rare stuff?
- what are their prices like?

Stuff like that. Cheers.





MALAYSIAN STORES
---------------------------
http://www.felix-entertainment.com/p-ra ... rorvcd.htm
http://www.eastern.com.my (Under construction ... coming back soon)
http://www.shopping.wanita.net/default.asp?lang=en


INDONESIAN STORES
-------------------------
CINEMASHOPS - NOW CLOSED!

ESINDO - NOW CLOSED!

EASTERN (located in Malaysia) - they have a really good stock of Malay releases on VCD and DVD. Many Indonesian films! Very cheap prices.
http://www.eastern.com.my (Under construction ... coming back soon)

CITWF (good data base for Indonesian films)
http://citwf.com


THAILAND STORES
-----------------------
http://www.ethaicd.com
http://www.thaicdexpress.com
http://www.thaimegamart.com
http://www.stores.ebay.com/TK-Worldwide
http://www.stores.ebay.com/VALID-GROOVES


CAMBODIAN STORES
-------------------------
http://www.mietophoum.com/
http://www.angkorwat.com
http://www.khmer.org/eshop.htm


FILIPINO STORES
--------------------------
http://www.pinoymovierentals.com
http://www.kabayancentral.com/index.html Good store with many Filipino vcd/dvd's, quick and friendly service


HONG KONG STORES
(although Hongkong is now again under rule from Mainland China it is still a different country and I'll keep HK and Mainland China stores seperated)
-------------------------
DDDHOUSE - Thee best and cheapest store for HK films + many Japanese + Thai films (with English subtitles)
http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/index.php

YESASIA GLOBAL (for customers outside the USA) The second best/cheapest store for Asian films!
http://www.yesasia.com/global/en/home.html

YESASIA US (for customers in USA/Canada)
http://www.yesasia.com/us/en/home.html

HKFLIX - Located in Hawaii, quite cheap prices. Be aware that some of their dvd "releases" are bootlegs. THEY'RE NOW CLOSED!

BUYOYO - Alright alternative to dddhouse but can be slow [English option in top right corner]
http://www.buyoyo.com/buyoyo/mainPage.do

PLAYASIA - Alright alternative to dddhouse.
http://www.play-asia.com/

TAISENG - located in the US. They no longer sell video tapes. Some of their DVD "releases" are actually DVD-Rs (it's mentioned on the front cover).
http://www.taiseng.com/

HONGKONG POSTERS (eBay) cheap HK + mainland dvd's + longer versions of HK films from Taiwan.
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/hongkongp ... omZQQ_mdoZ http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/hongkongp ... omZQQ_mdoZ[/URL]

HMV HONGKONG
http://www.hmv.com.hk/ (added by Member-X)

FIVE STAR LASER (located in the US) Very slow, never answered any of my eMails!!!
http://www.fivestarlaser.com (added by Member-X)


KOREAN STORES
--------------------
http://www.k2dvd.com/shop/default.asp
http://stores.ebay.com/WOORIDVD
http://koreandramaclub.com/
http://kimook.com/ (located in USA)
https://www.movie4989.com/ (Korean language)
http://book.interpark.com/ (Korean language)
http://www.dvdheaven.com
http://www.bugs.co.kr/ (Only in Korean)
http://www.yes24.com/ (Only in Korean)
http://www.aladdin.co.kr (Only in Korean)
http://www.sorishop.com/ (Only in Korean)


TAIWANESE STORES
---------------------
JSDVD
http://jsdvd.com/

MAINLAND CHINA STORES
--------------------------
Do any of you know of any good ones?




NB: there are heaps of shops in Thailand, Malaysia, China, etc. that don't ship to international destinations. If you live in one of these countries and think we ought to add some of these shop to the list then that's fine, feel free to suggest them, but from an international perspective (we're all over the place at Cinehound, lol) they don't really have much interest for us as most of us won't be able to order from them.
Like
Share

Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Joined: February 18th, 2007, 2:48 pm

March 22nd, 2009, 9:47 am #2

Like
Share

Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Joined: February 18th, 2007, 2:48 pm

March 22nd, 2009, 9:59 am #3

----
Like
Share

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Joined: March 23rd, 2007, 2:45 pm

March 22nd, 2009, 1:43 pm #4

Member-X if you use any of those shops it would be good if you could just write a short descriptive line about the store, whether they're good, quick, problems with service, like we've done with some of the other ones. cheers.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Like
Share

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Joined: March 23rd, 2007, 2:45 pm

March 22nd, 2009, 1:53 pm #5

I don't wanna sound negative or anything but do we really need the links for stores that are in Korean only? Do any of you know how to order from them? I tried to order from a Chinese shop that only had text in Chinese characters and after a while I just gave up. If no-one's gonna order from them anyway they're just making unnecessary long lists. Just my thoughts.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Like
Share

Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Joined: February 18th, 2007, 2:48 pm

March 22nd, 2009, 2:23 pm #6

Jack J wrote: I don't wanna sound negative or anything but do we really need the links for stores that are in Korean only? Do any of you know how to order from them? I tried to order from a Chinese shop that only had text in Chinese characters and after a while I just gave up. If no-one's gonna order from them anyway they're just making unnecessary long lists. Just my thoughts.
I'd imagine that one day someone will find one of the shops and wonder if the site is available in English. And they'll find the answer here!

And the shop owners might see the list and notice that they are losing money because their page isn't available in english.

But we can remove the links if they make you feel lonely, abandoned, unwanted and unloved.
Like
Share

Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Joined: February 18th, 2007, 2:48 pm

March 22nd, 2009, 2:27 pm #7

Jack J wrote:Member-X :hello!:  if you use any of those shops it would be good if you could just write a short descriptive line about the store, whether they're good, quick, problems with service, like we've done with some of the other ones.  cheers. 
I've shopped in hmv once and it was ok. Albeit it was a few years ago.
Like
Share

Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Jack J
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Joined: March 23rd, 2007, 2:45 pm

March 22nd, 2009, 2:36 pm #8

Member-X wrote:
Jack J wrote:Member-X :hello!:  if you use any of those shops it would be good if you could just write a short descriptive line about the store, whether they're good, quick, problems with service, like we've done with some of the other ones.  cheers.  
I've shopped in hmv once and it was ok. Albeit it was a few years ago.
What I meant was you write a descriptive line and then Miltos moves it up next to the link. Like the fantastic lines already there (provided mostly by me). :ph43r:
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Like
Share

Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Member-X
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Joined: February 18th, 2007, 2:48 pm

March 22nd, 2009, 2:56 pm #9

Jack J wrote:
Member-X wrote:
Jack J wrote:Member-X :hello!:  if you use any of those shops it would be good if you could just write a short descriptive line about the store, whether they're good, quick, problems with service, like we've done with some of the other ones.  cheers.  
I've shopped in hmv once and it was ok. Albeit it was a few years ago.
What I meant was you write a descriptive line and then Miltos moves it up next to the link. Like the fantastic lines already there (provided mostly by me). :ph43r:
After I've shopped there yes. I don't have any fresh experiences with any of those stores at the moment. But I thought I'd mention that I have shopped with hmv back in the days, and back then it was just like any other HK dvd shop.
Like
Share

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
Joined: August 15th, 2006, 8:05 am

March 22nd, 2009, 2:59 pm #10

I guess some of our members speak Korean too

Now, seriously, they look interesting even if useless...
Like
Share