APOSTOLOS SOUGLAKOS DIED TODAY...

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

September 5th, 2006, 4:34 pm #1

Sad news indeed...Apostolos Souglakos, the cult actor & hero passed away today. He was in a coma for two weeks after the stroke he had in Rhodes island. That vacation was the last for Apostolos who flies now to the heavens.

I wanna post a lot of pages for him but I cannot right now, I'm really down.

It was a big fight really and he lost...for first time......

Deleted User
Deleted User

September 5th, 2006, 7:21 pm #2

It's a shame.He was rather a funny person for me but O STRAGALISTIS TIS SIGROU changed my mind for good.Later I saw some other strong thrillers with him.RIP

trash-online
trash-online

September 6th, 2006, 11:59 pm #3

funeral will take place today (7/9) at the 3rd cemetery, at Korydalos (or is it Nikaia?) at 5 in the afternoon. let's be there for one last goodbye

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

September 7th, 2006, 3:32 pm #4

I didn't managed to come...In fact I read about the funeral just now (18:30), it's a shame cause I wanted to.

But I hope all his friends did remember him and were there.

I know you were his friend & fan. Maybe a bit disapointed...well...but I know you're very sad for his death, I'm sad too even I never met him personally (I've seen him a few times on the streets or metro but I never talked to him).

Of course you know how much I love his action flicks of the 80s. It was THE cult man in Greece, I even bought his rap CDs (?!)

I remember some years back, seven years or something, I were at Petralona metro station and he was into a wagon to Pireaus. I was waiting for the train to Omonia. When he saw me staring at him he smiled and closed his eye to me. I'm a "big" guy too -you know- and he probably felt I was a fan.....

Oh, well, it's another of those little silly things I always remember & tell, I suppose boring stuff for most of you out there.

Farewell, Apostolos. Farewell...

rock amok
rock amok

September 7th, 2006, 4:36 pm #5

The man is king.Long live Souglakos!

trash-online
trash-online

September 8th, 2006, 3:21 pm #6

some guy even made a myspace as a tribute to Apostolos:

www.myspace.com/souglakos

fans of him that have a myspace be sure to add that page.

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

September 8th, 2006, 5:30 pm #7

A great idea and a wonderful page. I remember that old Souglakos site but this one is much better. "Benevolent Giant"...yes, right. I saw some guys did sign already there, BRAVO !!

Jonas
Jonas

September 9th, 2006, 7:40 am #8

I would like to read more about this man.And greek exploitation too.

cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
cinehound
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

September 9th, 2006, 10:26 am #9

You could find his full filmography & biography in IMBd site !!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0815759/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0815759/bio

WANYON
Superstar Member
Superstar Member
WANYON
Superstar Member
Superstar Member

October 4th, 2006, 11:59 am #10

So sad that these heroes of ours keep passing, as of late.
I am unfamliar with Apostolos Souglakos, as i have only started getting hold of a few Greek cult films in the past 2 years or so. I only have maybe 3 or 4! One that i have on DVD-R, though, is O STRAGALISTIS TIS SIGROU which is the only film i have seen this actor in. I didn't think much of the film, although i can see why people on here admired him as he seemed very charismatic. I wrote a review of "The Sygrou Strangler" for a huge cult-film review book that a friend has been putting together for the past few years. Despite not liking the film, i found it amusing that is appeared to be inspired at times by Lustig's MANIAC!

I would love to see someone create a web-page for this actor so that i can read more about him and understand what made him so special to you guys. Let me know if anyone does. If you think his action films were great, i guess i should track some down sometime!

R.I.P. Strangler...