Moderators: Bonesy, 3To3dSl0th, LornMind

Tsubaki General (The All-Seeing Blind Eye Spares No One)

6:35 AM - Dec 20, 2011 #1

Yeah. Just as said.

DAMMIT, ARC, WHY!?

10:32 PM - Dec 23, 2011 #2

Well, here's an awesome Extend combo video courtesy of BatousaiJ, in case anyone here cares.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxbu1vU9 ... AAAAAAAAAA

12:07 AM - Dec 24, 2011 #3

>10k+ combo
Wh-... What... WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?!

12:25 AM - Dec 24, 2011 #4

Tsu's max damage is 11140 :3

2:20 AM - Dec 25, 2011 #5

....Are those mid combo Izayoi Installs?

*salivates*

And sweet Black fucking Sabbath, is she using the B's instead of A versions of her special moves for her BnB's? Bout damn time!

5:12 AM - Dec 25, 2011 #6

Yep. Seems that most her damage in Extend is going to come from mid-combo Mugen. Glad to see the B versions as well; I'm pretty sure that the C versions work under certain circumstances, as well (seems to be either off of counter or when they're crouching).

Also, just a quick overview of her significant changes in Extend for those that care.

Buffs: 3C and 6A are now fatal counters, 5C is much faster/has a bigger hitbox, j.D charges much faster now, and Mugen is amazing now.
Nerfs: 5B is terrible (-5 on block), 623C > j.214A whiff > dash 2CC does not connect anymore, 5D is pretty much useless, 6C is no longer a fatal, 236C is horribly negative on block and doesn't remove a primer anymore and her overall meterless damage is way down.
Mixed: 2D starts off very slow, accelerates rapidly after one bar and caps out at three bars.

12:20 AM - Dec 28, 2011 #7

Having played an entire afternoon here (with a good amount of that fighting a shitty controller x_x), here are my initial impressions:

- 5B is terrible. Outside of pressure strings off of 5A and use as a poke, I can't see myself using this very often at all anymore. 5C, on the other hand, is damn good. It's about as fast as the CS2 5B, albeit without the range, and is Tsu's best starter now. Granted, it does not have the gatling options that 5B does, nor the range.

- There was supposed to be a general speed nerf as well, particularly to her run speed (because, you know, they decided they had to nerf every goddamn thing about her). However, I really did notice it. Pretty minor overall.

- Mugen combos are awesome. Like, 4.1K midscreen with one charge off of 5A awesome.

- Seems her new midscreen 1-charge BnB is (5A) > (5BB) > 5CC > 623C > j.214B(whiff) > j.C > jc j.C > j.236D > j.214B (whiff) > 6CC > 236B > 214B > 22C. For both jump cancels, she needs to be jumping forward, or else the j.214B won't whiff. Also, delaying the second j.C and the j.236D are pretty much necessary, especially against taller characters like Valkenhayn. The combo does not work on Tager, btw.

12:31 PM - Jan 04, 2012 #8

...mm, Tsubaki. A character I'm heavily conflicted about in all regards.

I like her as a character. She's a bit gullible and perhaps too overly serious, but her fangirl side is adorable and I like it when she's being the voice of reason in a group (like in the Academy days). Plus, Bang's joke ending in Continuum Shift just would NOT have been the same without her *cough*

But on the other hand, I don't approve of her moral decisions. She's not like Litchi - she sided with the NOL because she genuinely hated someone, driven mad by envy because of one of Terumi's half-truths. I don't think she'd join with them if she knew the whole story, so perhaps we can blame this one on misinformation, but overall, I really think that this was the wrong decision for Tsubaki to make and I'm genuinely upset that they decided to take this stance with her.

I don't have high hopes for her surviving the next game, all things considered. I'd like it if she did, but taking all the factors into consideration, I don't think she will.

If she does, though, it had BETTER include a Crowning Moment of Awesome courtesy of Jin, Hakumen or both.
what

9:02 PM - Jan 04, 2012 #9

gyppygirl2021 wrote:But on the other hand, I don't approve of her moral decisions. She's not like Litchi - she sided with the NOL because she genuinely hated someone, driven mad by envy because of one of Terumi's half-truths. I don't think she'd join with them if she knew the whole story, so perhaps we can blame this one on misinformation, but overall, I really think that this was the wrong decision for Tsubaki to make and I'm genuinely upset that they decided to take this stance with her.
Honestly, her true end pretty much convinced me that her feelings for Noel are very far from hatred. It clrealy takes place after Hazama's attempt to turn her against Noel, yet Tsubaki still couldn't bring herself to kill her and, iirc, still said she was her best friend. And then when Hazama showed up, Tsubaki had no qualms about attacking him. Oh, and she pretty much followed Noel to see her off from a distance when she left with Tager and Makoto (although that could probably be seen in a more malevolent light).

Also, as for her staying with the NOL, Jin's ending kinda implies that Phantom is more or less controlling her now. She was trying to talk to Jin until Phantom appeared...which is when her clothes turned black and her eyes turned red and she became much more hostile.

Of course, this could be me just trying to be optimistic about her, but...

9:05 PM - Jan 04, 2012 #10

I can't blame you for wanting to be optimistic about her. ._.
what