Moderators: 3To3dSl0th, LornMind

Some Fire Emblem Fanfic Thing.

4:45 PM - May 29, 2013 #1

Probably not going to be an actual thing but mEEHhhhh.

I'll just post this here.

WARNING: WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR FIRE EMBLEM: AWAKENING.
[+] Spoiler
the fire emblems, they are back

otherwise known as: gyppy rambles out the premise for a fire emblem fanfic??? or not. i dunno. whatevs.

----

Okay so I am probably not the first person to come up with an idea like this but, basically fic idea I had in mind was,

-both avatars instead of just one
-both Morgans (I will probably rename one to avoid confusion)
-rewriting story events I didn't like (I have done this before too many times to count, the odds of it turning out decent are 50/50)

But there are some problems. Obviously.

-Pairings: I already know what I'm going to do for Chrom, but my indecisive nature leads me to wonder which others I should pick...
-Names: If I'm going to have both avatars and both Morgans, I don't really want them to have the same names! That makes it too confuuusing. It's easy enough in Morgan's case (just rename male Morgan to Mark), but what about the avatars??? halp
-Focus: Should I just focus on a small number of characters or should I try to include the whole vast cast? I COULD do the latter, technically, but it would be harder. (Alternately, I could do sidestories... which also frees up space for alternate timelines and stuff. But I'll probably do that anyway, so meh.)
-Grima: Since the avatar is Grima and all that, having two avatars could reeaaally mess with the whole omg grima thing. Plus there's the issue of what sort of relation the two avatars would have (brother and sister? probably, unless I want to stunt my creativity). I haven't decided yet what EXACTLY I'm gonna do here but I will probably be able to come up with something on my own.

Also note: I do not like drama or pessimism in fanfiction. If I do write this, it will lean HEAVILY toward an optimistic outlook. (Depending on my mood, I might do sidestories that depict darker stuff, but overall it will probably be akin to a thousand fluffy kittens in terms of happiness content.)

----

update: some ideas I've thought up for the plot.

Since there are two avatars this time around, the Grima situation will have to be changed around a bit.
Possible courses of action I've come up with here:
-Grima picks one avatar as his champion, but the other is unknown to him until later. His interference in the timeline is fought against by the will of the other, whose alternate comes back to prove that the future can be won. (HELLO CHEESE)
-Grima champions both avatars, but this makes his power more divided, and together the two can more easily resist his control. However, this also makes his interference from the alternate timeline twofold, balancing things out a lot (which means there'd need to be interference of another sort in order to make things happy).
-Only one of the avatars is actually related to Validar. The other is just a random person.

Changing of events:
In chapter 9, Emmeryn sacrifices herself to keep Chrom from having to choose between her or the Fire Emblem.
I am not going to let this happen.
How to avert it is another story entirely. There are a few options, most of which involve some sort of timely rescue.
Some of them are,
-The Morgans get more involved in the timeline, and even though they're still amnesiac derps, they at least try to help out their parents. Some explanation will have to suffice for why they'd keep their identity secret. (Can think of this later, perhaps?)
-In the case of Grima Scenario 1, the other avatar's alternate could redirect the flow of events in such a way that it prevents Emmeryn's sacrifice. Or they could just swoop in, save her and disappear. (???)
-LUCINA ARRIVES ON TIME OMG

...But this also leaves another problem: Emmeryn's sacrifice is what keeps the war between Ylisse and Plegia going (because Chrom takes charge afterward). There are ways to fix this, of course, but it's still something that needs to be noted.

Aaand that's it for now.

----

POTENTIAL SHIPPING CHART

Assuming no harems/multiships for the first generation, I'll have to figure out which alternates I'd like. So let's get crackin'.

-Chrom: Locked already, he's going to marry Sumia >:3
-Male Avatar: Probably going to be locked with Emmeryn
-Female Avatar: Lon'qu or Stahl
-Lissa: Henry or Donnel
-Sully: Kellam or Frederick (???)
-Miriel: Lon'qu, Stahl or Henry
-Sumia: Locked with Chrom >:3
-Maribelle: Ricken, Frederick or Donnel
-Panne: Gaius, Frederick or Donnel
-Cordelia: Gaius, Lon'qu, Stahl or Male Avatar (assuming he isn't locked)
-Nowi: Virion, Lon'qu, Ricken or Gregor
-Tharja: Libra, Lon'qu or Stahl
-Olivia: Lon'qu or Donnel
-Cherche: Henry or Stahl

LET'S MAKE SENSE OF THIS MESS.

Or not. I'll get back to this one later.

----

THE AVATARS!

Well, obviously one is going to be male and one is going to be female. And for a while I was considering going with a theme of "use the base settings"... but that's kind of boring. Another possibility I considered was having one avatar have light hair and the other dark hair, but that sounds pretty cliche too.

So let's mix it up a little!

After doing some thinking, I've decided I'm going to make my fic avatars in the game itself, and I'm going to save them to the avatar logbook for future reference. I will give them exotic appearances to go along with their painfully generic names.

(Yes, I plan to give them painfully generic names. I can only be not boring for so long.)

I haven't decided on what names they're going to get, but I'm thinking Chris (NOT Kris) for the male avatar and Robin (default) for the female avatar.

----

That's everything I have written up in the document. It's done in update fashion :V
what

5:06 PM - May 29, 2013 #2

Lissa: Henry
Sully: Kellam
Miriel: Lonqu
Maribelle: Ricken
Panne: Frederick
Cordelia: Gaius
Nowi: Virion
Tharja: Libra
Olivia: Donnel
Cherche: Stahl

One potential shipping chart for you. :p

Also, I really like the idea of one Avatar getting controlled by Grimra. That avatar could serve as a pretty neat penultimate final boss for the fic, I suppose.

Tune your ear to the frequency of despair, and cross-reference by the longitude and latitude of a heart in agony.

6:08 PM - May 29, 2013 #3

For some reason every time I see "Grima" I think of Theoden's adviser from Lord of the Rings. XD
This thread is now ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!

12:49 AM - May 30, 2013 #4

Smitejr wrote:Lissa: Henry
Sully: Kellam
Miriel: Lonqu
Maribelle: Ricken
Panne: Frederick
Cordelia: Gaius
Nowi: Virion
Tharja: Libra
Olivia: Donnel
Cherche: Stahl

One potential shipping chart for you. :p

Also, I really like the idea of one Avatar getting controlled by Grimra. That avatar could serve as a pretty neat penultimate final boss for the fic, I suppose.
I have given this one extensive consideration. I may swap around some roles, or I may just go with it, but either way. XD

I haven't quite decided what I'm gonna do with the dual avatars vs Grima thing. Probably they're both going to be related somehow but in different ways that sets them apart somehow or blargh. I dunno.
what

3:43 AM - May 30, 2013 #5

More crap, mostly just musing.
[+] Spoiler
----

Build: 1
Face: 4
Hair: 1
Hair Color: 12
Voice Set: Male 1
Name: Chris
Birthday: January 28
Asset: Skill
Flaw: HP

Build: 1
Face: 4
Hair: 5
Hair Color: 18
Voice Set: Female 1
Name: Robin
Birthday: December 3
Asset: Speed
Flaw: HP

----

MOAR AVATAR STUFFS.

Okay so I was brainstorming with an old friend of mine, and she suggested that the two avatars should be half-siblings (since in canon, the avatar's mom runs away after the avatar is born because she doesn't want them to be raised by Validar... or something like that). So basically, mom finds someone else and has another kid... yeah.

And the fullblood can be Grima's host, while the halfblood is more of a... thorn in Grima's side, so to speak. Woot. :3

For bonus points, this gives me more fuel for an Emmeryn rescue idea I've been mulling over for a while: one of the avatar kids comes in and saves her. Makes the timeline shenanigans even more complicated than in canon, but at least it's just alternate timelines and not time loops!

----

Some more ideas:

-Chris (male avatar) is the fullblood/older sibling. He's the one that Chrom finds in the field at the start of the game.
-Robin (female avatar) joins later - exactly when is up for debate.
-Robin's existence creates another parallel timeline in which the Grimleal ultimately failed - perhaps closer to the "canon" timeline?
-Mark (male Morgan!!!) comes from the "good" timeline. Still amnesiac, but he remembers his mom.

-Griffon rider Mark with Iote's Shield skill saves Emmeryn. (Excuse me, I need to regain my breath from choking on obviously contrived plot events.)

----
what

5:34 AM - Jul 11, 2013 #6

Yay for time shenanigans?

*goes to find some Excedrin*
This thread is now ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!

7:51 PM - Jul 24, 2013 #7

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9513724/1/F ... Reawakened

I uploaded the fic on ff.net
it still just has the prologue but
what