Jeff Vader
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Jeff Vader
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

August 21st, 2015, 9:30 am #1691

Cheers guys! Now she´s finally finished!

- The Skadiir -

Hailing from the infamous ironwoods of the Garmian cluster the skadiir are a race of fierce and proud hunter-witches. Trackers and hunters beyond compare, with the ability to psychically home in on their quarry´s warpshadow, they are sometimes found in the employ of less than orthodox imperial agents.

The ironwoods are giant spherelike aggregates of thorns the size of small moons, orbiting the upper atmosphere of gas giants common in the cluster. These floating forests can all be considered as deathworlds, each teeming with various ferocious ecoystems of their own.

Only female skadii are ever encountered by outsiders - the males are hulking semi-sentient beasts who roam the cores of the ironwood orbs. When reaching maturity a skadii must earn the right to become a full member of the ruling matriarchy. She goes on a quest to hunt down and kill a particular prey. The more powerful the quarry the greater the honor, but she cannot rejoin her coven-pride until the quest is complete. Most choose among the various feral beasts roamning the forests of the thornworlds, but some particularly adventurous skadii choose exotic targets such as zoats, ork warlords or chaos champions (or in some cases even senior space marines ). It is these hunters that normally come into contact with the imperium. Should their goals coincide a skadii might be persuaded to join an Inquisitors warband.

If their hunt is successful they return to their home and are given the right to mate - otherwise they will stalk the stars until they die. The female goes into the deepwoods in search of one of the feral males, capture him and bring him back to the pride. There they mate and when the mating process is over the coven-pride kills and consumes the male. After bearing a huge litter the young hunter-witch is taken up as a full member of the matriarchy and her full psychic powers develop.

And finally my favourite angle:

One-eye
Corporal
Corporal
One-eye
Corporal
Corporal

August 21st, 2015, 9:47 am #1692

Every time you finish a mini, I'm like it's the best thing ever possible... until next one.
This alien is extraordinary : the conversion, the paint, the fluff. You're such an inspiration !

MonkeyBallistic
Warrant Officer Second Class
MonkeyBallistic

August 21st, 2015, 9:49 am #1693

Those colours! Incredible!

Lysimachus
Warrant Officer First Class
Lysimachus

August 21st, 2015, 10:14 am #1694

That is beautiful (in a butt-ugly alien kinda way, of course!)

I like the last pic best of all too, I was trying to figure out why and I wonder if it's because you can't see the brighter red on the prod cable and that makes all the lovely tones on the skin and the great orangey eyes stand out even more? Maybe it's even worth toning down the red on the cable a little? (Just a thought, one that you should feel free to ignore completely if you disagree, given that your skills in colour choice and brushwork make my models look like they were painted by a three year old! )

Jeff Vader
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Jeff Vader
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

August 21st, 2015, 12:03 pm #1695

One-eye wrote:Every time you finish a mini, I'm like it's the best thing ever possible... until next one.
This alien is extraordinary : the conversion, the paint, the fluff. You're such an inspiration !
Wow. iI'm blushing over here... Thank you very much, mate!
MonkeyBallistic wrote:Those colours! Incredible!
Cheers! The skin was a lot of fun. I sort of ran out of steam when it was time for the pouches...

Nuclearhawke
Nuclearhawke

August 21st, 2015, 12:09 pm #1696

I think this is the best model you have done so far. The background is a nice twist, I didn't envision it being a she!

Jeff Vader
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Jeff Vader
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

August 21st, 2015, 12:10 pm #1697

Lysimachus wrote:That is beautiful (in a butt-ugly alien kinda way, of course!)

I like the last pic best of all too, I was trying to figure out why and I wonder if it's because you can't see the brighter red on the prod cable and that makes all the lovely tones on the skin and the great orangey eyes stand out even more? Maybe it's even worth toning down the red on the cable a little? (Just a thought, one that you should feel free to ignore completely if you disagree, given that your skills in colour choice and brushwork make my models look like they were painted by a three year old! )
Thanks! You do have a point about the red power cable, but for me that image has more to do with her anatomy. You get a good view of her sinewy pantherlike neck. She's at her most dangerous looking and predatory ifrom that angle.

DaHedd
DaHedd

August 21st, 2015, 12:24 pm #1698

Wow.

She is exceptional. Amazing conversion, stunning painting and terrific background fluff.

10 outta 10

Johannus
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Johannus
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

August 21st, 2015, 1:23 pm #1699

Perfect. The blending on the skin is sublime, and the combination of parts reads as totally unique and alien.

I do agree about that cable being a bit bright. The red weapon itself is really nice, but that tiny bit of cable draws the eye away from the main body, and it deserves to be the main focus of attention.

gabe1329
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
gabe1329
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

August 21st, 2015, 1:59 pm #1700

That skin tone is brilliant, excellent work as always Jeff!