An update on Harker. His flat head will be getting a nice hat... :

Inso
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Inso
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

January 24th, 2018, 6:08 pm #82

Chewing tobacco and wearing a hat, makes you a Sexual Tyrannosaur! Sgt Harker knows...

SDKFZ
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
SDKFZ
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

January 24th, 2018, 6:55 pm #83

Thats looking ace, Inso Looks like Harker is in a good mood. Must have bagged some Nids

euansmith
Major
Major

January 25th, 2018, 1:48 pm #84

Harker's neckerchief is a nice little detail.

Inso
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Inso
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

January 25th, 2018, 2:21 pm #85

euansmith wrote:Harker's neckerchief is a nice little detail.
Cheers

All of my Squats have them... it's just that most of them are covered by long beards . From the rear, they are clearly visible. The reason they have them is to colour them differently for unit identification... but in the 'Predator' unit, they are likely just to be green

As an aside, I have added some runes to 'payback' and have put a tobacco pouch on Harker's belt. He'll get some bracelets as well... either straps or bangles. I'm thinking of giving one of the team a big rucksack to carry ammunition in... it'll be one of the lesser characters .

So far, we have Harker (Blain), Marbo (Billy) and the next one will be Dutch (Arnie)... there will also be a grenade launcher in the team... but I haven't thought too much beyond that at the moment

euansmith
Major
Major

January 25th, 2018, 9:50 pm #86

By the way, that's an impressive bit of drilling on the barrel of Harker's heavy bolter.

Inso
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Inso
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

January 26th, 2018, 8:41 am #87

euansmith wrote:By the way, that's an impressive bit of drilling on the barrel of Harker's heavy bolter.
The barrel is a two-parter (two halves glued together) so no drilling was required. It's from the Space Marine Centurion kits and is a nice size for the Squats. In fact, the special weapons are considerably shorter than standard ones so they are particularly good for Squats (it certainly saves me a lot of time shortening standard ones ).

Demorte
Warrant Officer First Class
Demorte

January 26th, 2018, 6:19 pm #88

Absolutely the best harker around!

bojan
Sergeant
Sergeant
bojan
Sergeant
Sergeant

January 27th, 2018, 2:58 am #89

Absolutely great Squats, this thread was a great inspiration to me to convert some squats, even your conversions are way better...

Inso
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Inso
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

January 27th, 2018, 8:48 am #90

bojan wrote:Absolutely great Squats, this thread was a great inspiration to me to convert some squats, even your conversions are way better...
Cheers

... and my Squats aren't better, they are just different to yours

I have seen a number of times when Gretchin have been used as a basis for Squats and they can be quite effective. You have got off to a great start but I have commented on how I would take them a step further in your topic. The rifles and feet are as much a signature for those 2nd edition Gretchin, as the Hull is on a Tiger tank. Unless they are disguised, they will always have that signature. Once the plasma guns are finished, you will have a great little unit... the Atillan as the leader is inspired .