Nin

July 5th, 2017, 4:48 am #11

Imgur gives you share links in BBCode to post on forum. They obviously are okay with it. I think they just put that in their documentation so if somone is using a lot of bandwidth they can say "see, Imgur is not for that." But when you click "get share link" and it comes up with BBCode and automatically copies the BBCode to your clip board? They're not going to delete your photos unless you are sharing thousands.

I'm also trying imgbb.com . It's not as handy when it comes to getting the share link. I had to do the whole right click and get the image address thing and then manually put tags around the URL:

Code: Select all

[img]https://image.ibb.co/ncy3fF/Image_bace8b4.jpg[/img]

scrubber
Warrant Officer Second Class
scrubber

July 5th, 2017, 4:58 pm #12

Nice painting Nin, but probably not the best place to post it so that it gets seen allot.

Looked at Tiny-pic last night, they also have allot of adverts popping up in annoying places like their parent company. Likewise you can always pay more to stop the adverts.

Any reply yet Ash ?

Nin

July 5th, 2017, 5:06 pm #13

I haven't cropped my photos from my last skirmish game yet, so I'll post more in the proper place when the time comes. That was just me figuring out if I edited the BBCode properly for removing the clickable link part of imgbb.com does their share links.

dean
Major
Major

July 7th, 2017, 1:44 pm #14

Since mine died this morining, I am going to investigate Flikr but Yahoo just got bought so who knows if that will be staying around long either.

I also find it interesting that the AB buttons havent gone as well...

Ash
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Ash
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

July 7th, 2017, 2:03 pm #15

With the Photobucket pictures not showing; if you go into edit post and insert ~original between .jpg and [/img] as in .jpg~original[/img] then the original picture will show again...

exanimus
Sergeant
Sergeant
exanimus
Sergeant
Sergeant

July 7th, 2017, 3:54 pm #16

Ash wrote:With the Photobucket pictures not showing; if you go into edit post and insert ~original between .jpg and [/img] as in .jpg~original[/img] then the original picture will show again...
I can't believe that works - I just got all of my photos back! Thanks!

Ash
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Ash
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

July 7th, 2017, 5:16 pm #17

It works for now anyway. Might make it visually easier to match images for posting from another host site.

CXLVII
CXLVII

July 7th, 2017, 8:09 pm #18

I'm still on TinyPic, I'm not getting any annoying ads as I get my internet through google chrome and I have downloaded a free ad-blocker, which I couldn't do on microsoft internet explorer.

Funny thing is that as I was wading through editing / swapping images this evening I found three photobucket images that weren't blocked, wierd! I edited them anyway as I reasoned it wouldn't last.

Ash
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Ash
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

July 8th, 2017, 9:27 am #19

I had two Photobuckets and unfortunately rage binned one account prior to learning about the added code to original image, so fat chance of getting most of my old 40k stuff back up...

Easy E
Captain
Captain

July 10th, 2017, 4:31 pm #20

Does anyone know how to get Google Photos to provide an IMG code for forums?

I can get them to work ont ehblog easily enough, but not messageboards yet. I have had about 5 seconds to look into it so far.