Freddy
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Freddy
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

March 27th, 2016, 8:36 pm #1

Hi,

as you possibly saw in the introduction part, I came to this forum because I got astonished from the incredible quality and amount of Inq28 stuff here. I never played Inq28, but always loved the theme: have a quite big Imperial Guard army, which had got some inquisitorial additions during the years. I've never really loved the almost comically overheroical side of 40k, the grim darkness of the far future is much more intresting when you look at the everyday life of more common Imperial folk. Necromunda and most of the inquisitorial stuff are just about this, so that is why I made quite a lots of models for them.

First of all, the stuff already done.
One of my first Priests, made from a Rackham Confrontation guy:

Fat bretonnian priest, used almost unchanged:

Another Priest:

Female Priest, from various leftover bitz, her bionic arm is made from plastic rods.

Another Priest, I call him Pater Shrek. The floating text is held by a wire led through his finger, continued on the other side as one of the servo skull tendrils.

One of my favourite GW models ever, the old missionary:

Inquisitor Gideon Lorr, an old, maybe limited model.

An old inquisitor sculpt, with some converted henchmen:

Better pic from one of the henchmen above: a Psyker. Rackham Kelt figure from the glorious days before the suicide of Rackham, won it at a competition and made into 40k (for Rackham, I played Dirz:) Once:):) )

Another older sculpt, I used her sometimes in 40k:

Some objective markers. Old sculpts, and the CAT from Space Hulk.

Death Cult assassins. There was a competition here which was about to paint a Kelt Fianna figure from Rackham. I decided to make mine into some unoriginal: a 40k Death Cult Assassin. Then I painted her 2 sisters too.

Micro Art Studio Admech guys, converted with GW flamers:

A GW sage:

GW crusader:

GW acolyte:

Another one:

My own acolyte sculpt:

Prison guard:

Civilians: leftover bitz, even some 1/48 figures.

zealots: and old Ordo Hereticus unit from WD, converted from WHF flagellants.

Another unit:

The last two units (have 4*20 of them):

Finally, three units of Psykers

And now the stuff currently WIP:
An inquisistor from Scibor:

Some Acolytes, from him too:

A crusader-type model:

A rogue trader crew. A warrior, a secretary and the trader himself:

And the 4th crew member, I call him the poet:

So that is the stuff currently on the table, but thanks to this forum, I got loads and loads of new ideas: updates coming soon.

euansmith
Major
Major

March 27th, 2016, 9:33 pm #2

Blimey, you do loads of nice freehand work. My favourite it your greenstuff fat bloke with the big scroll held up by the servo-skulls.

Freddy
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Freddy
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

March 28th, 2016, 10:49 am #3

euansmith wrote:Blimey, you do loads of nice freehand work. My favourite it your greenstuff fat bloke with the big scroll held up by the servo-skulls.
Thank you! This kind of freehand is quite easy if you have a small brush and do it with artist oil paint (it does not dry so fast into the brush like acrylic does).

commissarmoody
Warrant Officer Second Class
commissarmoody

March 28th, 2016, 8:58 pm #4

A nice interesting mix of figs. I like the 1/48 converted civilians and Pater Shrek

Freddy
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Freddy
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

April 2nd, 2016, 1:26 pm #5

A new WIP. Still thinking about the head, maybe the one of flaming crown Flagellant guy is better.

An I got this figure yesterday. An EDEN something, but looks very AdMech. Has two sets of hands, some hitech katana-like swords and a hitech flute/blowjob thing.

euansmith
Major
Major

April 2nd, 2016, 9:41 pm #6

Flamers-akimbo looks great. The current head gives him a nice hi-tech, though still angry look; I can see why you are thinking of trying the Flagellant head. That Eden mini is nicely weird already.

AceOfBlades
Warrant Officer First Class
AceOfBlades

April 2nd, 2016, 11:25 pm #7

Your GS work looks pretty top notch, can't wait to see some of the new guys painted up.

The robo samurai is also a great looking mini and should fit right into 40k with a few small touch ups.

Freddy
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Freddy
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

April 3rd, 2016, 11:56 am #8

@euansmith: thank you! I think is stay with this head, a flaming crown is a bit dangerous for a hunchback guy.

@AceOfBlades thank you too!
Your GS work looks pretty top notch, can't wait to see some of the new guys painted up.
Truth is, I like scuplting and converting better than painting. I usually wait for 10-20-30-40 unpainted models, then paint them together- as I mentioned, I am basically an IG collector, and there is no other way to paint the hundreds of Guardsmen.

The robo samurai is also a great looking mini and should fit right into 40k with a few small touch ups.
Now I have an idea, he is gonna be a Tech Cult preacher. Already picked the parts, but he is still not assembled

...but what do I need a Tech Cult preacher for? An AdMech warband, of course.
The leader will be a Tech priest, still early WIP. I like the idea of using two SM tors backs for a bulkier torso (do not know where I saw it first), and the robed skiitari head fits with a little trimming. For the legs, I gonna sculpt a robe, on the front there will be a big parchment (yay freehands), on the back a servo arm from the Dunecrawler, in the right hand a scratchbuilt Mechanicus axe, and I plan to go into a "pack mule" direction with lots of stuff, he is gonna be a leader of an expedition for archeotech.

The second one in the expedition is this little guy. A gnoblar from the ogre box: bought them for converting into ogryns, but IG theme conversions left me with lots of unusable stuff, the banner pole gnoblar among them. But now the idea came from one of the topics here- make him into and AdMech servant with a headswap. So that is what I did. Amost complete, he gonna have a small oxygen tank on the front, that is where the gasmask gonna be connected.

Last but not least, something non-AdMech, a hired gun type character. SM torsos make great bulky chest armor for IG-type guys (used lots of them in my IG army), but the original one is a little broad for IG, you have to trim it: cut 1-2mm from both sides. There will be an ugly hole of course, but arms will cover the most of it, the rest you can easily fill with green stuff. SM scout legs, Catachan missile launcher right hand, power fist from some SM set.

Freddy
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Freddy
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

May 8th, 2016, 11:34 am #9

The little one is ready for the paint:

And the Tech Cult Preacher. I do not know what to do with the staff, maybe a big cogwheel icon, or a book with Admech iconography.

euansmith
Major
Major

May 9th, 2016, 10:06 am #10

Using a back to front torso on the Tech-Preacher is a really novel idea. Top Kitbash-Fu.