supreme overlord
Corporal
Corporal

December 9th, 2017, 4:28 pm #11

Maybe we could use a Planetary Governor gone rogue and using cults to further his influence? some chaos taint? and we could have the arbites/Inquisition chasing him/clues throughout the spire tops. the Governor could possibly have influence over some members of the ecclesiarchy?

I have a couple arbites minis built and painted that would work decently (3)
LOVE the idea for the church, now I'm not the best terrain builder but I could handle some simple pieces (I have a hot knife, insulation foam, drywall putty, etc)

Witchhammer
Corporal
Corporal

December 9th, 2017, 11:12 pm #12

Im attending again this year and would love to get involved with this. I signed up for necromunda in hopes it would swing this way, but I'll drop out and devote time to this if need be.
:wringing hands: oh man, this is really getting me going, I've been wanting / hoarding bits for an opulent rogue trader cadre, would also enjoy building some gothic spire terrain, damn exciting stuff. Let's do this

-jonny

Wardsylvania
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Wardsylvania
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

December 10th, 2017, 2:26 am #13

Witchhammer wrote:Im attending again this year and would love to get involved with this. I signed up for necromunda in hopes it would swing this way, but I'll drop out and devote time to this if need be.
:wringing hands: oh man, this is really getting me going, I've been wanting / hoarding bits for an opulent rogue trader cadre, would also enjoy building some gothic spire terrain, damn exciting stuff. Let's do this

-jonny
@witchhammer would love to have you join us! Your Void Carriage Survivors have so much atmosphere and character to them. I can't wait to see what you do with a rogue trader!

I'm also participating in the Necromunda events (Gang War, specifically). My plan is to schedule this Inquisimunda game for Sunday, so it doesn't conflict with Necromunda.

@supreme overload don't feel obligated to contribute terrain, specifically. Whatever part of this project you're most excited about, or really gets your creative gears turning, focus on that. Collectively I'm confident we can create everything we need to make this event a success.

I'll commit to deliver the following assets:
* A cloud layer for the game table. I'm going to try to re-create the cloud effect Warhammer World used on the Clash at Marrowbreak Spire diorama, but with a more polluted color as befits a hive world.
* A 2' x 2' floating garden / cemetery.
* House Devereaux (without the mutants, and possibly with an airship transport added) will be doing double duty as my Inquisimunda warband.

Wardsylvania
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Wardsylvania
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

December 10th, 2017, 11:37 pm #14

Couldn't resist doing some initial planning for the sky cemetery.

Here is a partial mock up of the cemetery's underside. The picture is intentionally upside down since this is how the model would be oriented in the final build. I intend to make the underside very mechanical. It's where all the functional parts of the structure are located (Power plant, anti-grav generators, etc). Since it will go mostly unseen, I'll build the underside from stock GW plastic kits.

The top side of the cemetery will have a completely different aesthetic - organic, medieval. Dark stone, plants, decorative metals.

Witchhammer
Corporal
Corporal

December 11th, 2017, 3:30 am #15

Do you think the groups should have smal transports for Mabey multiple spires exposed from cloud cover? I may be overthinking this but it could be very interesting

Wardsylvania
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Wardsylvania
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

December 11th, 2017, 5:20 am #16

Witchhammer wrote:Do you think the groups should have smal transports for Mabey multiple spires exposed from cloud cover? I may be overthinking this but it could be very interesting
You think as I do! Multiple building tops sticking up out of the clouds. To move between them an elevated walk way could be used, if the buildings are connected. If not, the model(s) would need the ability to fly, or a flying transport.

supreme overlord
Corporal
Corporal

December 11th, 2017, 4:34 pm #17

I wouldnt mind building a few warbands for the campaign. a noble family, the ecclestiary, some cardinals or redemptionists? Airships would be awesome! not sure how you'd write the rules for them but I really like the idea. Rouge traders would work great in this scenario, especially one catering to the "expensive and acquired" tastes of nobility.

@ward the terrain is starting out great!

This is really getting my juices flowing! I have an idea for a deamon imbued relic kept deep within the libraries of the church, as well as the warbands trying to recover it for their own reasons, I could have a dark mechanicus explorator fleet coming to ascertain the deamon relic. Totally open to suggestions!

Wardsylvania
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Wardsylvania
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

December 12th, 2017, 7:03 am #18

Thanks @supreme overlord!

RE: war bands - Go for it! Some additional characters will help populate the scenario and bring it to life.

A daemonic relic would work well as a central objective due to nearly every faction having some reason to attempt to acquire or destroy it. Since chaos tainted items are a common plot element, let's see if we can find a unique twist to put on it.

I think we should keep the plot of the main objective fairly simple. As each participant creates a war band and develops their back story, a narrative should naturally emerge.

Wardsylvania
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Wardsylvania
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

December 14th, 2017, 8:11 am #19

Cloud Test #1

I obtained some white polyester fiber fill today. Artists inks were run through the air brush to try and color it like polluted clouds. So the idea is that this (or something similar) would cover the table. The building tops would stick up out of the polluted cloud cover. Let me know what you think.

supreme overlord
Corporal
Corporal

December 14th, 2017, 5:57 pm #20

I love IT! I especially love that the clouds are polluted. Can't wait to see it finished!