SirTainly
Warrant Officer Second Class
SirTainly

February 13th, 2012, 5:47 pm #31

I've been painting like crazy over the last week so as to be ready for our big game - this weekend I completed the last few Kabalites for a couple of squads, one old school Raider and did 75% of the work on another Raider plus a Ravager. By the end of the week I need to have done both of these, one more Ravager with the void shield negating weapon from the Apoc DS, a Reaper, a Raven, a Grotesque and a Haemonculi. I may also need to do 2 Archons but I think I can do it!

This does explain why none of my other projects have been progressed, I really want to get back to doing Orks or my Brass Scorpion..but after this weekend I have 2 master classes with Mathieu Fontaine (yay :)) and then it's building Ork scenery for the club tournament - life is never dull!

I've been having photo issues this week - I need to check if I've mucked up the photo settings somehow, but here's some pics of a Grotesque, and Leltih - both sadly a touch blurry.

SirTainly
SirTainly

February 20th, 2012, 8:39 pm #32

More purple...

The sail on the Reaper is awful...I gave up on fixing it and just painted it in the end.

I also took a shot of a Haemonculi that I'd thought I'd done quite job with..but the photo was focused on the wrong part (hard to tell that on the camera screen) so will need to be retaken.

Note to self, find the lens you should use for miniatures and get it on the camera!

Note to everyone else, the pink drybrushing looks much less bright in natural light, it's just the lamp I have fitted on the camera hotshoe that makes it seem to glow/be bright.
btw photos of our big Apoc game are up at:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?s ... 791&type=3

DaHedd
Warrant Officer First Class
DaHedd

February 21st, 2012, 9:07 am #33

Love the Onager, i had no idea just hopw big the puppets war cannon was. Might look awesome in a Landraider chassis, or even on the front of a Baneblade kit.

One question (and i know im being picky and all real life) where does the spent shell go/or how do they feed ammo into it ?

the_great_gonzo
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
the_great_gonzo
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

February 21st, 2012, 9:53 am #34

good use of the rat ogre, looks like the DE have made great use experimenting with captured slaves.

Also could you have shoehorned a larger gun onto that counts-as-not-a-vindicator?

SirTainly
SirTainly

February 21st, 2012, 5:56 pm #35

DaHedd: Thanks, I had fun making and painting it, and as for ammunition, looks like it is fed one shell at a time through the hatch to the left of the hoist and empties must come out the side door...

the_great_gonzo: more the case that GW charge too much for their Grotesque and it's a horrid model that doesn't fit together! I have one, and was supposed to paint it for our Apoc game but game up as it's badly cast, poorly posed and generally nasty. I do have another Ratogre so I may take my squad to 6 Groteques.

Blame Puppetswar for the stupidly huge gun..but this is 40k where a Leman Russ has battleship sized armament (the LR Battlecannon scales out at 16"!) so bigger guns are better!

DaHedd
DaHedd

February 22nd, 2012, 9:10 am #36

I wasnt having a dig at you mate the model and painting is stunning. Just seems to be a problem in 40k both GW, FW and others.

SirTainly
SirTainly

February 22nd, 2012, 5:37 pm #37

No worries, didn't think you were having a dig at all..but it's a question I wondered about myself, hence I had already thought out the answer!

SirTainly
SirTainly

February 29th, 2012, 6:11 pm #38

Here's a Haemonculus I did for our big Apoc game - he still refuses to be photographed well:

The Lungbursta has been updated, it still needs some details painting and a couple of areas dulling to match the rest of the tank, plus the gunner has to be added. I'm using the bare torso from Kromlech for the gunner so that the green of the flesh will help brighten up the panzer grey tank, plus I'll throw on some glyphs in brighter colours.

He's a figure I worked on under tutition of a multiple Golden Daemon Award winner Matthieu Fontaine. The aim was not to finish the figure but to use certain techniques on the cloth, skin and metal.

SirTainly
SirTainly

April 16th, 2012, 3:46 am #39

So long with no updates - but that doesn't mean I've not been busy! Today I completed a load of Imperial scenery, and added a commander and pinlte mount to the Lungbursta - photos when they get painted.

Here are some of the Orky buildings I've completed in the last few weeks:

The wind turbine I started on this tower didn't look so great, so we have a gun turret instead:

The Mek Workshop - still needs glyphs on the sign, and a hoist adding:

The Tall House

I bought a load of Pegasus kits last year, and all of which I completed to use a a tournament a few weeks back. I say completed, but really made usable would be a better description; all the doors still need to be finished, and I want to build a roof for each of the 3 big buildings, but that's not urgent.

I picked these up recently - also from Pegasus, and prepainted which is great - rubble to match their kits!

For some of the other scenery items I got started today (some completed too):

Imperial terrain pieces from GW:

Test piece for using aquarium plants - still needs the base painting. Next few will feature some rocks to give the trees elevation.

Aquarium building - small victory arch

Air Defence building - just the sand to paint

The AT-70 also got a bit of love too - weapon mounts and turret just dry fitted for the moment:

Digits
Brigadier
Brigadier
Digits
Brigadier
Brigadier

April 16th, 2012, 6:10 am #40

Lots of great scenery there! Hard to choose favourite but the Mekong shop just edges it for me.