Omegon
Warrant Officer Second Class
Omegon

7:29 AM - Apr 19, 2017 #21

euansmith wrote:That Stormcast with the salet is really rocking.
Thanks, it fitted quite nicely although I had to trim down the back. I haven't touched the Stormcast since taking the picture though.

In a moment of madness I decided to convert the dragon a bit, basically I removed the arms and are putting the wings in place. Why, well I had a conversation with a friend about the natural evoloutoin of winged birds, mamals, and what we know about winged dinosaurs, and I deciddd to treat my dragon in the same way. There's more detailed thoughts on my blog, but I just need to attach the wings, so pics soon.

I have done some painting on the Chaos Warrioress

AceOfBlades
Warrant Officer First Class
AceOfBlades

10:43 PM - May 03, 2017 #22

The chaos lady looks like she's just stepped out of of the Chaos Wastes and is ready to pillage. Great job with the painting and the lipstick is just icing on the cake.

A bit late but I also really like that Stormcast conversion. That headswap really changes the base mini and you can never go wrong with a sallet.

scrubber
scrubber

10:09 PM - May 08, 2017 #23

I think I am in lust with your Warrioress.

Omegon
Omegon

12:46 PM - Sep 15, 2017 #24

Thanks of the comments guys. I actually decided to swap the head on the chaos warrioress mainly because she took a plunge off my shelf and the head was taken by my house wight.

Updated a few of the models I built a while back.

euansmith
Major
Major

3:04 PM - Sep 20, 2017 #25

I really like the choice of head for your sorcerer; a nice drooling madman.

Have you accidentally cut yourself with your craft knife recently? If not, maybe your House Wight is feeling hungry and will return the lost Warrioress head when next blood flows.

Omegon
Omegon

11:22 AM - Sep 22, 2017 #26

euansmith wrote:I really like the choice of head for your sorcerer; a nice drooling madman.

Have you accidentally cut yourself with your craft knife recently? If not, maybe your House Wight is feeling hungry and will return the lost Warrioress head when next blood flows.
I cut myself on my hobby blade all the time, no matter how careful I am. Maybe I need to leave out more offerings!

A few months back I picked up the FW Carmine Dragon, before he came I was discussing it with a friend. We ended up talking about how you don't tend to see 6 limbed vertebrates in real life. Now, I realise this is a dragon, nothing that big should really be able to fly, and then there's the breathing of fire, so why should I dwell on it. Well, it made me realise that Hollywood (and by that I mean movies, TV, comp games et all) have also switched to 4 limbed dragons. Also I'm weird and like a challenge. So I decided to hack off his arms, attach the wings in the place I get they fitted th me muscles, attached hands on the end of the wings, then sculpted more muscle to make it look better. I think he works, he still looks like a Dragon, and not a wyvern, and looks more and animalistic. I imagine there's lots of subspecies of dragon, some are more magical and have 6 plus limbs, and can talk and hang out with Elves, and then there are the more beastal type who are just a very large wild animal (and probably smaller ones that live in swamps and blow up at a moments notice). I forgot to take WIP pics of the build so I just took one of where I am at the moment.

image posting sites

Iwhen the dragon is done I'm thinking of getting the basilisk which has 6 legs so, yeah, I'm an idiot!

Digits
Brigadier
Brigadier
Digits
Brigadier
Brigadier

12:28 PM - Sep 22, 2017 #27

Hmmmm....must get me a dragon......

Omegon
Omegon

7:34 PM - Sep 22, 2017 #28

Digits wrote:Hmmmm....must get me a dragon......
Do it. But how many limbs, 4 or 6.

Actually I do suggest the carmine dragon, there's some great details built in. One of the reasons for getting it was because I wanted to try and do something a bit more with basing. So I used miliputt to build up the base, using sticks as taller logs and added mushrooms and other fungus. I also through in the skulls and some fallen weapons and stuff. Here's my progress so far, I think it's looking good.

euansmith
Major
Major

7:15 AM - Sep 23, 2017 #29

That's an impressively ballsy bit of work; and nicely finished off.

scrubber
scrubber

10:48 PM - Dec 24, 2017 #30

Bring this to the fore again, in the hope the Omegon will grace us mortals with some more of his great work.
No mockery, just find your conversions fascinating.