Gretchin~
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Gretchin~
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

September 5th, 2016, 11:00 pm #11

The Lychgate
Despite the, what I hope to be evocative, locations in Undercroft City and Reliquary that make up the city of Frankylmoign that I've laid out earlier, it is the Lychgate that I hope to be the centre stage of this particular setting and, unlike the two mentioned previously that could have long term campaigns set in them, would be a one time event.

Traditionally, lychgates tend to be the small archway entrances into the churchyard, but of course, for this major landmark on Glebe IV, it would have to be much bigger, more grandiose and, of course, baroquely gothic. I instead looked at triumphal arches for inspiration as they also have a connection with the dead (normally as grand tombstones marking a special grave site) and found a very detailed drawing of the Arch of Maximillian I by Albrecht Durer that is simply spectacular and very fitting for the 41st Millennium.
wrote:If you hear a citizen of Frankylmoign talk about lychgates, they are almost always referring to The Lychgate, the grand archway with stands sentry as the gates to the mausoleum of Glebe IV's patron saint; Saint Zabojca. Erected sometime in the closing years of the 31st Millennium following the devastating fires of the Great Heresy, where Saint Zabojca sacrificed her life in defence of Glebe IV against the daemonic horrors that invaded the world. But of course, many variations of her heroic tale are told elsewhere.....

Gretchin~
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Gretchin~
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

September 10th, 2016, 5:16 pm #12

Frankylmoign
Lately, a friend of mine suggested that I check out the conceptual artwork of the lesser known Soviet constructivist architect Yakov Chernikhov. They are simply majestic to view and it is thrilling to think how the many cities of Russia would look today if even half of these were built.

Of course, they are perfectly suited to the aesthetics of the Imperium in the 41st Millennium and I imagine that Frankylmoign is thoroughly bedecked with buildings such as these. Enjoy.

Neil101
Warrant Officer First Class
Neil101

September 16th, 2016, 6:53 am #13

This is very exciting , vincent ward , the Russian constructavists , piranesis prisons, superb reference meterials , and all stuff that is in my own constant inpiration folder. You may want to check out some ex libris artworks ,very much in this vein of thought

Gretchin~
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Gretchin~
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

September 16th, 2016, 1:03 pm #14

Spasibo, @Neil101! ^^

I had hoped that it would pique peoples interest! I did hope that I could gather enough people who were interested in it to maybe get a gaming project together. :3

Apologist
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Apologist
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

October 3rd, 2016, 9:57 am #15

I've been following this on your blog, and glad to find it here. You've found a very rich vein of imagination to dig through; and I hope you do get a gaming project going. It'd be great to see this develop.

Gretchin~
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Gretchin~
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

October 3rd, 2016, 3:03 pm #16

Spasibo, Apologist! ^^

I'm already in the process of designing the Undercroft section in the hopes of getting some people inspired for a game sometime in the next year or so (or whenever the board is finished). :3