Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
MarcoSkoll
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

June 1st, 2018, 6:13 pm #1

Guardian
Warhammer World, 11th August

Tales of old tell of The Guardian - a formidable warrior who felled the ancient beast Shadowblight.

Inquisitorial Scholars agree that the tale is a metaphor manufactured when the Inquisition was but young, a lie to hide the truth from the weak minded - Shadowblight was a warp storm of gargantuan magnitude, destined to cut off the sector from the light of the Astronomican.

The Inquisition's Navigators have read the tides of the Warp, the Emperor's Tarot shows dark omens and the Great Rift stains the sky; such darkness is coming again.

To protect the sector, the Inquisition must un-weave their own mystery, and rediscover the truth of the Guardian.
~~~~~

A one-day narrative Inquisitor event, which will be using some of the games on the day to playtest the latest version of the Inquisitor Revised Edition rules.

The event is planned to be 28mm scale based on responses from players so far, but can be opened to 54mm players as well if enough people express interest.

The Player Pack is here.

An updated version of the IRE rules will be coming before the event.

Original Post:

Again, sorry for dumping this in the wrong place, but the other INQ28 boards seem to be a bit of an oubliette.

Although I am already planning the event in London, I'd like to run the next playtest day for my Inquisitor Revised Edition project sometime this year.
This will still be a normal open narrative day with an underlying story to back it up (it'll just be that any games I GM will be using the Revised Edition rules*), and so I'm proposing that it helps fill in the currently pretty empty schedule of open Inquisitor events at Warhammer World this year. (I'd normally elect to hold the playtest closer to me, but it wouldn't be very considerate for me to run all my events this year down south when there's none in Nottingham).
*And IRE deliberately tries to keep the feel of original Inquisitor, with a very high degree of back compatibility, so it's not like you're going to be playing something grossly different.

At the moment, I have a few potentially interested responses from 28mm scale players (but so far very few from 54mm players), so I'm also copying this over here to see if anyone else is available/interested.

I spent today trying to phone WHW about dates, but I didn't manage to get any more than an answer-phone. I'm planning on putting this before the London event I'm planning (as I'm expecting it'll be a smaller event with less prep work - it also means that if anyone else wants to run anything in the tail end of the year, there's no conflict), so I'm looking at around the end of July/start of August. If people can pre-emptively rule out any of the following dates:

21st July
28th July
4th August
11th August

... then I'll know to avoid them if possible when I get through on the phone.
(My personal favourite would be 11th August, as this avoids me having to miss or work around other things, but I can do the others if absolutely necessary).

If possible, I'll be trying to get Mining Facility 42 as one of the tables, as I've been looking longingly at that board for Inquisitor since it was the Goblin Town board, but I haven't yet got to use it...

BeardGoblin
Warrant Officer Second Class
BeardGoblin

June 2nd, 2018, 10:38 am #2

Hey Marco - I would be *tentativelly* interested in this if it took place on either of the August dates. I'm just up the road from Nottingham, so this would be much more feasible than your proposed London event (which is also tempting, but probably not viable for me :/).

I'll keep an eye on how this develops.

In the meantime - any notion of what you'd like people to bring/not bring to the tables on this one?
Or a chance to get a gander at the rules (I haven't seen Inquisitor rules since I donated my rulebook 10+ yrs ago!).

Cheers!

*Edit - maybe if I clicked the link in your post to the rules, I wouldn't ask redundant questions

MarcoSkoll
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
MarcoSkoll
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

June 2nd, 2018, 1:50 pm #3

wrote:any notion of what you'd like people to bring/not bring to the tables on this one?
I'm fairly open on that one - I'd like to give the rules a proper stress test, so a broad range of characters would be fairly welcome.

(Although I wouldn't want to see a smorgasbord of them, I've not really had much chance to see how the rules react to Space Marines, for example, so I wouldn't object to people bringing them for appropriate scenarios).

On a certain level, it would be nice to see things like the melee rules tried with a wider range of weapons (so far, the last playtest day mostly saw people bringing the Reach 3 swords that are commonplace under the LRB, but in IRE it's not always an advantage to have a long weapon), but I'm not really expecting people to start equipping characters with IRE in mind until the ruleset gains more traction.

euansmith
Major
Major

June 3rd, 2018, 3:04 pm #4

Nottingham sounds doable. Saturdays would be preferable for me. What time would you be looking at starting and finishing?

MarcoSkoll
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
MarcoSkoll
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

June 3rd, 2018, 3:37 pm #5

I'd be looking at using the full day - 10 to 6, but the schedule will probably be a bit loose (I'll probably need a bit of set-up/pack down time, as I'll probably want to bring some of my recent terrain projects), so I wouldn't be torn if people had to turn up a bit late or leave a bit early.

euansmith
Major
Major

June 4th, 2018, 6:56 pm #6

10 'til 6 sounds fine. Not to early a start for me to get there from Brum. I'd better crack on with making a retinue of some sort. Do you have a theme, like for your Darksphere Day?

Ahistorian
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ahistorian
Sergeant
Sergeant

June 4th, 2018, 8:34 pm #7

I clicked interested!

MarcoSkoll
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
MarcoSkoll
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

June 5th, 2018, 12:15 am #8

euansmith wrote:Not to early a start for me to get there from Brum.
It's a slightly unpleasantly early start for me, which is why I held the last test day in London, but as Legacy at the London GT was already two days and I'll be running the Dark Sphere day in September, I felt I needed to hold this one in Nottingham to even things up a bit.
wrote:Do you have a theme, like for your Darksphere Day?
I'm currently thinking that it'll be centred around rumours of ancient archaeotech or a forbidden artefact (possibly with some kind of "stars aligning once every X thousand years" element), although that's obviously only broad thoughts at the moment. (Although I intend to run this before the day in London, that day has been on my mind a little longer).
Ahistorian wrote:I clicked interested!
It's possible you've mixed up the two events I'm currently planning (a rules playtest in Nottingham, and a more straightforward event in London). Unless I'm having a complete brain fart, I can't recall having made any Facebook event page (or other place you could "click interested") for this event yet.

MarcoSkoll
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
MarcoSkoll
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

June 5th, 2018, 4:00 pm #9

I have now booked the Necromunda Sector Mechanicus table and two standard tables at Warhammer World on the 11th August. (Unfortunately, Mining Facility 42 was already spoken for ).

And with that, I announce Guardian:

Guardian
Warhammer World, 11th August

Tales of old tell of The Guardian - a formidable warrior who felled the ancient beast Shadowblight.

Inquisitorial Scholars agree that the tale is a metaphor manufactured when the Inquisition was but young, a lie to hide the truth from the weak minded - Shadowblight was a warp storm of gargantuan magnitude, destined to cut off the sector from the light of the Astronomican.

The Inquisition's Navigators have read the tides of the Warp, the Emperor's Tarot shows dark omens and the Great Rift stains the sky; such darkness is coming again.

To protect the sector, the Inquisition must un-weave their own mystery, and rediscover the truth of the Guardian.
~~~~~

Guardian will be a one-day narrative Inquisitor event, which will be using some of the games on the day to playtest the latest version of the Inquisitor Revised Edition rules.

The event is planned to be 28mm scale based on responses from players so far, but can be opened to 54mm players as well if enough people express interest.

An updated version of the IRE rules and a full event pack will be forthcoming in the next few days.

euansmith
Major
Major

June 5th, 2018, 6:17 pm #10

Cool. I look forward to the event pack.