AceOfBlades
Warrant Officer First Class
AceOfBlades

2:10 PM - Nov 04, 2017 #11

That's pretty cool. Makes me wish my family had an heirloom brush passed down through the generations.

The Death of Birds looks fantastic and you've really been able to put your own spin on an overused, if excellent, mini.

Also thanks for that fluff snippet. I'm going to file it away for use in a campaign. If I ever get around to running one.

vtek
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
vtek
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

11:30 AM - Nov 05, 2017 #12

Thanks, AceOfSpades, and good luck with the campaign!

Omegon
Warrant Officer Second Class
Omegon

12:42 PM - Nov 08, 2017 #13

Death of birds is great, really digging the undead at the moment.

vtek
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
vtek
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

10:14 PM - Nov 11, 2017 #14

Thanks, Omegon! I love that in the Death alliance, almost every unit has a distinct look - I think this project could go on and on without me tiring of painting the same things all the time and wanting to try something else. But we will see.

vtek
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
vtek
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

11:39 PM - Feb 15, 2018 #15

Time to reanimate the log!

I used to be a bell-ringer at a church of Mor.

When the plague started, I left my wife and children and fled to the woods. I followed a host of wandering spirits and now my bell heralds their coming.

But for all these years, one thought has been haunting me.

Did I really escape the plague?

Or have I become one of the living dead myself?

This guy is not terribly fresh (some of you might have seen him a month ago on FB), but this is the project log and he has to go here! Photos of new minis soon.

euansmith
Major
Major

3:45 PM - Feb 16, 2018 #16

That's a great use of a Night Goblin; especially turning the bow in to a nasty meat hook.

vtek
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
vtek
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

4:59 PM - Feb 16, 2018 #17

Thanks! But to be honest, that's a Plague Monk body and a part of a Chaos Marauder hooked chain

vtek
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
vtek
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

3:20 PM - Feb 21, 2018 #18

Their skin is the colour of bark. Some of them sport bestial snouts, and if these are mere masks, we don't know what faces they conceal. Even the ghosts don't remember if they arrived during the coming of chaos. Maybe it was us who arrived to their grounds instead.

They scuttle in dark woods. And they hunt men. Their camps among overgrown cairns are littered with gnawed bones.

They talk to one another in a dead language. It is said they claim to be descendants of a noble house unknown to history. But what is the fickle memory of chronicles to the vast expanses of the worlds of old!

Bad Moon
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Bad Moon
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

8:41 AM - Feb 22, 2018 #19

Quite possibly the best ghouls I have ever seen. Having said that I'm kind of torn - I absolutely love the skull face on the first one, but it makes me wish they all looked like that instead of the standard faces. Still, the paintjob and static grass fur are excellent!

nerodine
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
nerodine
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

10:37 AM - Feb 28, 2018 #20

These look great. They capture a feeling of literally crawling out of and through the earth to get where they're going.