DE Hargrove Signed

DE Hargrove Signed

JayB.
JayB.

March 29th, 2012, 7:53 pm #1

This is good news IMO, as long as his off-field and bounty issues don't get him suspended.

Personally I think TT should also sign Tollefson and draft at least 1 or 2 DEs in the draft too...now THAT is how you improve a pass rush!!

TT uses the #1 pick on an OLB opposite Clay, and things on that side of the ball are gonna get better reallll fast.

kw1

March 30th, 2012, 1:01 pm #2

Yeah I saw that! I think it's a good move. I've felt for a while that we need to platoon the DEs. Raji has been forced to stay on the field too much at NT and take the brunt. It's effected the secondary. Tollefson would be a good pick-up also. The guy has gotten much better since we drafted then cut him.

In making up my annual 'wish list' ... there are a number of 'tweener' DEs (in college) who will be OLBs in the NFL in the first 3 rounds who are capable of rushing the passer. And considering that there a LOT of defensive players out there this year, some might slide-down into the 3rd and 4th rounds who would normally be taken in the lower 2nd and 3rd.

Although, they would probably be 'situational' players in the beginning ... I think a few could become decent players who would match with and free-up CMIII to do what he does best. He was picking-up too much of the slack last season. (Like Raji).

Considering that we did decent with Even Deitrich-Smith at Center ... I think a center isn't a huge need and worthy of a 1st round pick. There really aren't all that many (what I would call) GREAT centers coming out in the draft this year. The lack of talent makes the ones who are at the top look better.

I think I'd probably go with a DE or OLB first. Could be a decent Safety/CB slides down and TT grabs him ... but I'm thinking it will be an OLB or DE first.

Nice to see that TT built his team and is now looking for some veteran fill-in. He was right in saying most of the good guys who were top FAs were just asking for too much money for what they brought to the table.

Have a good one
KW

Mr.T
Mr.T

April 3rd, 2012, 11:59 pm #3

This is good news IMO, as long as his off-field and bounty issues don't get him suspended.

Personally I think TT should also sign Tollefson and draft at least 1 or 2 DEs in the draft too...now THAT is how you improve a pass rush!!

TT uses the #1 pick on an OLB opposite Clay, and things on that side of the ball are gonna get better reallll fast.
This was a good signing IMO. It's a very Packers freindly contract, and if the guy brings it, has huge potential upside. If he doesn't, he gets cut, and no crime no foul. Not always a TT fan, but definitely a fan of this signing... Good to see TT use UFA again, he needs it..