NEW 1250 Dominator...I don't have an 850..yet.

NEW 1250 Dominator...I don't have an 850..yet.

June 11th, 2010, 4:56 pm #1

I saw from the title that PIX are "somewhat" encouraged..being new here I sure do NOT want to make enemies, so will do my best to comply..Actually, not only to brag about my new gun--yes I am proud of it--but also to share information that isn't stated in the "blurb" about the gun in the advertisements...I though this might help some guys..the more ya know, the better off you are.

First-it comes in a VERY hard space-age plastic case, that's lined with the foam "egg-crate" looking stuff. Gun is also fully assembled, and in a heavy-duty plastic bag.

Naturally it comes with paperwork for gun, safety, scope, and ALLEN WRENCHES !!! Also comes with 2 magazines, and a fill adapter, but you'll need another adapter also, if you want to convert it to "foster" quick fill.

THe bi-pod mounts on a post, which is mounted to a "picatinny type mount"..the legs go about 15 degrees forward of "top center" and seem to give the rifle more stability. The post allows gun to rotate about 12-15 degrees left and right of straight up and down, as well...legs naturally extend out about four inches..

Loosen that big screw and the entire bipod mount can be removed..quick/easy

Just screw off the air cylinder..nothing special -EXCEPT 300BARS !!!!!!

Gun weighs 5.73 pounds (with air cylinder, which is 2.5 pounds of that 5.73)....scope and mount weigh 2.5 pounds, bipod and mount is another 2.0 pounds...Add it all up and you have one heavy <u></u> s gun to tote around.... I'm naturally gonna try it with that 8-32x56 scope...but I KNOW I already have another scope that I like a lot and it weighs almost 1.5 pounds LESS than the monster that comes with the gun..it makes it very top-heavy". WIll try it for a while, but do not be surprised if you see the Walther scope and mounts for sale in the short-term future..

AWESOME looking gun...even though the stock/forearm are plastic..I get the feeling of heavy-duty/quality,,rather than flimsy and/or cheap.....so, that's IT for now, over 100 degrees outside, so first impression shooting will just have to wait..At 62 years of age, I can't handle all that heat...just too much !! I'll get out later on this afternoon and run 100 or so rounds through it, just to get it sighted in and break-in the barrel a bit..More later....

ps--how did I in regards to the pix requirement??
Last edited by 1packrat on June 11th, 2010, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 12th, 2010, 7:12 pm #2

Nice!
Well now you'll have to toss the 4500psi tube and put a regulated 3000psi tank on it.

The 850 Store
<a></a>

June 12th, 2010, 10:38 pm #3

I was under the impression that the gun already has a regulator in it???
I can see where an HPA bottle would have the advantage of more volume, for sure..I think the existing cylinder is only 16.2 cu.in..not very much more than my 2250 with the 13 cu.in. jds bottle (reg.@ 1600psi).Our mutual friend Bob, in Canada, actually talked me through the building of that gun while on our cell phones....

June 13th, 2010, 1:32 am #4

Last edited by 1packrat on June 13th, 2010, 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 15th, 2010, 1:12 am #5

Nice!
Well now you'll have to toss the 4500psi tube and put a regulated 3000psi tank on it.

The 850 Store
<a></a>
I am READY to do just that!!! Please advise--I think I need 22 cu.in. jds bottle with 2000 psi regulator??? what about adapter(s) that are needed and where do I buy them ???? After ~500 pellets through my Dominator, I seethat I gotta go to the bottle...just like I have on several other guns.......I have money, and I am ready..please furnish any /all info you can ..Thanks a bunch !! -Rodger

June 15th, 2010, 8:28 pm #6

If this is what you are intending to do and you do have have money then buy yourself an airmagnum 850 and upgrade it as you wish. You may sell your Domi and don't waste your money. Take the short and cost effective way home. Providing that you already have the refills to 300bars. Upgrade and don not degrade when you can.
Regards.

June 15th, 2010, 10:48 pm #7

Tahnks, but my post asked for info about where to get the parts needed to convert my 1250 to HPA..I take it you don't have any info on that??
If I sold the Dominator I'd lose money, it's a used gun now..then I'd have to buy an 850, and all the stuff to convert it ehich is mo' money, mo' money, mo' money..Doesn't sound like a viable proposition to me...unless I'm missing something (which has been known to happen )
Last edited by 1packrat on June 15th, 2010, 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 15th, 2010, 11:21 pm #8

Thanks for your reply. Domi 1250 is already an HPA air rifle which is an upgrade to the Airmagnum 850 that originally runs on CO2. Domi 1250 has an HPA regulator attached to the valve originally made for the non-regulated CO2 850. What our bright friends here have done, with many thanks, is to convert the CO2 850 into a more powerful, more consistent regulated HPA Airmagnum 850. What you are trying to do is only changing the tank and thus its pressure from 300bar to 200bars. As Roald said to me earlier and was definitely true is it's easier to fill your air rifle with 200 bars than with 300. Such pressure can be provided by many many paintball service outlets and others unlike the 300bar tanks/cylinders. And as I understood that you already have this 300 bar fillers accessible to you, so your air rifle is set to go without any conversion unless it is a presonal preference. Some like the looks of the Domi as it is others like the new HPA 850's. I like them both though I've made some changes to how the Domi looks and am just waiting for Jovan's trigger mod to complete my set.

June 15th, 2010, 11:25 pm #9

Tahnks, but my post asked for info about where to get the parts needed to convert my 1250 to HPA..I take it you don't have any info on that??
If I sold the Dominator I'd lose money, it's a used gun now..then I'd have to buy an 850, and all the stuff to convert it ehich is mo' money, mo' money, mo' money..Doesn't sound like a viable proposition to me...unless I'm missing something (which has been known to happen )
I may be wrong.....but isn't the whole purpose of buying the Dom. to have an HPA gun. That being said, I would think the only thing needed would be a nice air supply, either a 4500 psi SCBA tank or a Nitrogen tank from the welding supply shop. I know in my area, to get a Nitrogen tank from the gas shop would be a $500 per year fee for lease and the refills are about $45 each time. I'm working with some of my local municipalities about getting an end of service life SCBA and filling it at the fire station

June 15th, 2010, 11:39 pm #10

You just made it short and into the core