La Mentira on DVD- my perceptions

La Mentira on DVD- my perceptions

MJ
MJ

June 4th, 2010, 3:25 pm #1

I just purchased the DVD at Best Buy and have to say I was disappointed. I already knew the editing would be choppy, but the picture quality was not good (I cannot explain this to myself) and the original soundtrack has been totally stripped and replaced by midi file music I can make on my personal computer. I do not know if the store will take it back once opened, but I am tempted to return it.

marta i
marta i

June 9th, 2010, 1:51 pm #2

when I open my copy... I bought it years ago hoping it would be good... but at least now I am prepared to not have too high expectations on it.

MJ
MJ

June 10th, 2010, 7:39 pm #3

...it still is not as good as watching it on TV, and the above-mentioned is all true, but when I bought it I wanted to show it to people who didn't speak Spanish, so the subtitles come in handy. I am getting used to the rest of the stuff too-- ie, midi music and picture. Now the only predicament is to figure out if it is the DVD or my DVD player that freezes 10 min into the second disc and won't let you do anything but skip to the next chapter...grrrrr

MJ
MJ

June 14th, 2010, 3:29 am #4

when I open my copy... I bought it years ago hoping it would be good... but at least now I am prepared to not have too high expectations on it.
Uh...well, in more than once instance, especially the last few "chapters" of the CD, you can hear part of the original soundtrack with the NEW ONE on top of it! It is the worst! Talk about drowning out the dialogue! You should go ahead and open it sometime.

marta i
marta i

February 24th, 2011, 4:57 pm #5

yolette, since you had prepared me for the quality issues, I didn't pay much attention to that.
Most of our favorite scenes are there with very few exceptions: Vero appolgizes to Deme after she finds out who Miranda is and Deme's tearkerker scene with the baby in the finale...
But I liked the scenes that they kept in (loved that they kept the scene where Deme, Vero and Juan get some payback on Virginia telling her that she is about to move to a house with no floor and the stormwinds blew the roof away... too funny.) and the reunion after the storm.
Guy looks so young there now that I am watching and recapping Eva Luna... but he still has the same charm... still drives me crazy with his 'playing an idiot man on a meltdown' abilities.
But all in all, I would recommend the condensed dvd to anyone... A lot of the last third, which is what we liked the least, flies by.