Team Lyle New England

Team Lyle New England

Lurleen
Lurleen

June 24th, 2012, 1:22 am #1

The clock is ticking down. Go on over to New England and play with Mark Collins and friends for a day of fun riding. Team Lyle New England is Saturday, July 14th in Plymouth, MA.

All proceeds will go to Eddie's Road.

https://sites.google.com/site/teamlyler ... gland/home

July 15th, 2012, 11:06 am #2

Team Lyle New England is now history. It will be part of New England lore for years to come. History buffs of the future will study its social implications and it's effects on land use patterns in eastern and southeastern Massachusetts (if you see land, use it). I want to thank Mark for putting this together and Bill for helping. I had a great time, saw things that I've never seen before in places I've never been to before and someday I'm likely to remember what some of them were. As RM, or RB, whatever, he did a nice job and should consider this a new career opportunity. And Bill, riding east from Indiana in this heat and stormy weather just to help with this event, should reconsider his priorities in life (I may have the state wrong, might have been Ohio). I'm in complete awe of the top rider. Not much causes my jaw to drop any more but his ride did (and I'm sorry that I don't know his name. Looking forward to the next one. Thanks for the adventure, Mark.

Lurleen
Lurleen

July 15th, 2012, 12:28 pm #3

Glad you enjoyed (?) it, Bruce.

Hey Mark- no rest for you yet - Post results!

Thanks to the riders for their support of Eddie's Road. Next Lyle event, Georgia, Sept. 22. Mr. Weaver?

Lurleen

Mark Collins
Mark Collins

July 16th, 2012, 2:31 am #4

Craig Szeman, from Boston, Mass.,took top honors yesterday in the inaugural running of Team Lyle New England Rally. He rode a very impressive 428 miles and acquired 906 points in the 8 hour format.

I would like to congratulate Craig on a great effort on his FIRST rally.
I will have more on Craig and all the riders in my RallyMaster's Report later.

I would like to extend a very special thank you to Bill Yarian from Indy, who joined me in helping with the rally operation. His help was invaluable. His experience immeasurable. Thank you Bill.

Any credits about a successful rally goes to Bill's efforts.

Results:

1. Craig Szeman MA 428 mi 906 pts
2. Ian Pavelko QC 371 mi 888 pts
3. Richard Halverson MA 321 mi 741 pts
4. Katherine Johnston NJ 337 mi 720 pts
5. Karl & Julie Doane MA 284 mi 655 pts
6. Anthony Mills NJ 340 mi 585 pts
7. James Hatch CT 388 mi 570 pts
8. Kara Scott RI 398 mi 570 pts
9. Jack & Grace Garvin MA 273 mi 562 pts
10. Bruce Jansen CT 313 mi 534 pts
11. Lyle F. Cooper MA 344 mi 532 pts
12. Lee Lopez RI 287 mi 339 pts

Jim Abbott NH DNF
Grayson & Cook CT DNF
Chuck Quintero NJ DNF
Pat Hochberg PA DNF
Jeff Augustine MA DNS
Stephen MacDonough MA DNS
James Weatherhead MN DNS
Andy Kirby & Sue Welham MA DNS

Special Secret Celebrity Guest Rally Supporter at the Start... Paul Pelland.
Thank you for your support, it was a pleasure to meet you.

Thanks to all the riders for their support, I hope they had a good time and return next year for more fun & games.

More later,

Mark Collins
Team Lyle - New England

August 20th, 2012, 5:18 pm #5

Better late than never, I guess.

We had a great time at the Rally and enjoyed ourselves tremendously. Thanks for putting it on and looking forward to the next.

Confirmation of reply: