Tapatalk issue with MySQL 5.7

Tapatalk issue with MySQL 5.7

ao6

16 Oct 2017, 09:14 #1

Hi,

I'm the new owner of forum (https://mt-07.fr) which had a Tapatalk integration. We're very happy about what Tapatalk provided to our users, so removing this integration was not an option.

The forum used to be running on phpBB 3.0 with the associated version of tapatalk. When I took this website, we've decided with the forum team to upgrade it. Here are the major changes :

- Upgraded the forums from 3.0.10 to 3.2.1
- Moved from HTTP to HTTPS. We've updated the URL in the Tapatalk console accordingly.
- We were using a plugin that made the URLs nicer, that plugin didn't work with 3.2 so we've removed it.
- We've upgraded the Tapatalk plugin (by deleting&replacing folders/files)

Then i removed the forums from my Tapatalk list & added it again.

Here is a list of what's working :

- Login
- See categories / subcategories
- Notifications

And what's not working :

- When clicking on a category/subcategory, we're not able to see topics.
- When I receive a notification and I click on it, i cannot see the topic and its messages.

So what's strange to me is that some stuff are obviously working, we even receive notifications! But we cannot see topics & messages.

I've tried to be as accurate as possible, if something is missing just tell me!

Can you guys provive some help on that?

Thank you for what you do to communities, and for your time :)
Last edited by ao6 on 16 Oct 2017, 15:21, edited 2 times in total.

MoleDJ

16 Oct 2017, 13:37 #2

Hi, i checked the problem in your forum and seems there is problem with the sql queries plugin do and the way you have mysql configured. Can you try check if you can disable in your mysql the option "ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY"?

ao6

16 Oct 2017, 13:57 #3

Hi,

Ok i'll turn that off when I'll be back home. 

I use MySQL 5.7, with the default SQL mode enabled : ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY, STRICT_TRANS_TABLES, NO_ZERO_IN_DATE, NO_ZERO_DATE, ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO, NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER, and NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION. 

Do you have any idea of any other mode that can cause an issue ? If not, we're going to figure out together i guess :-)

MoleDJ

16 Oct 2017, 13:59 #4

The only one that cause our queries to fail is the ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY. I just confirmed it on our dev server. BTW, I will try to rewrite the queries to not cause that problem, but i know other plugins maybe you are using that have same problem, like thanks for post, or some portal plugins for phpbb

ao6

16 Oct 2017, 15:19 #5

I've done the change & it's working fine !

I'm going to edit the title to make this topic easier to find :)

Thanks !